Multiplex easyglider v Eflite radian pro

Advert

Go for the EGPro, love mine (my second, the first one died of a flat battery a couple of hundred feet above the field).

No real need to modify it, though I have let some 1.5 x 3mm Carbon strip into the last 40-odd cm of the fuze - both sides and underneath - it wasn't as floppy as the Radian anyway, but it feels better now. I've also got a Solius, but that feels a bit more like a sloper, I fly the EGP more. S'pose I'll eventually end up with a Heron too - it's reported to be the plane the Solius was meant to be. I fly both the Solius and the EGP using a 2200 3S LiPo, c.g. is spot on with the battery pushed as far back as will go in the EGP, the Solius a couple of cm further forward.

IMO MPX power packs are very poor VFM & 4-Max tend to be a bit overpriced too.

I use 3s 2200 lipos on a Turnigy 3542 1000KV motor with Graupner 10x6 blades. The pivot screws of Easyglider Mpx spinner/yoke assembly are further apart than most which extends the prop to 11" dia, in effect giving an 11x6.6 prop. This combo takes about 27A at WOT which is enough for unlimited vertical. A 30 second of power launch takes the model to over 200 mtrs (650 ft) & the battery is good for 6 - 8 launches from a single charge - usually over an hour's air time.
The ESC I use is a Jeti 30, which is lower rating than the perceived wisdom suggests but the model's been flying with this setup since June 2009 without problems except when I connected a battery with a reversed polarity connector. embarrassed

I ordered a pair of these from HK the other day as they're at a reduced price & Zippy are among my favorite lipo types