How to change the date & time

Hi, just hoping some one out there may be able to help me, the time and date on the camera is all wrong, the only help with the manual & Disc is to alter the time before a photo is taken, I cannot record the time and date properly when I fly,

Thanks in anticipation for any help I can receive.

Mike, crying smiley.

4gb fly DV FPW video Cameras.

Time set
The device comes with a feature which embeds the current time and date on to your captured photos and videos. To
set the time and date of the device, please follow the instructions below.
1. Insert the lighter+SD card into a USB port or Place the SD card into your computers card reader.
2. Make sure you are on the “root” (top level) folder of the SD Card.
3. (If it does not already exist) Create a new file with the name TAG and extension .txt (TAG.txt)
4. Open the file and write the following information:
2012-12-25 14:00:00
This example would set the unit to 2pm on the 25th of December 2012. You can customise the information to
represent the current time in your area. Save the changes to the file (TAG.txt) and place the SD card back into the
Camera device. When you next turn on the device it will automatically read the TAG.txt file and change its internal
date and time settings to the information you have provided.

I'll second Denis here, Michael. yes

Maybe a small addition though. If there is no file present in the root folder, the best is to create one using Notepad on your pc.

Also, some video devices do not recognize a file named TAG.txt in the root folder. In that case you could try to rename the file TIME.txt.

Good luck

Cheers

Chris

Hi, Denis and McG . Thank you for the information, I have tried both ways but still do

not seem to be able to activate what ever it is to change the time, the date which is in the camera is correct.

The camera I am using is a 4gb FLY DV FPV video camera, the SD card is fixed inside and cannot be taken out,

I will try again but do not know what the root folder is, may have to get someone to do it who knows.

Thanks again and it was much appreciated.

Mike.smiley

Michael,

You wrote in your opening post that your date & time were "all wrong", now you answered that your 'date' is OK but the time is wrong? Depending of how fast you 'upload' your TIME or TAG.txt, it will rarely be correct to the second unless your cam has a worldwide radio clock which isn't obviously the case.

If your date is already correct after uploading the 'new' file, then I should check how the time appears on your video.

It can be with double point - ':' - between the figures or with other symbols. Example - as Denis gave - 14:00:00 or 14.00.00 or even 14-00-00. Just use the same 'symbols' as those appearing on your video and you should be fine.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Denis & McG, sorry to have to say that I have tried ever thing that you have explained to me to alter the time & date on this confounded camera but nothing seems to work. I think it must be the SD card which will not except the information, the film I took today it states that the date is 2017.02.02. so it is not changing. perhaps I have done something to stop that working properly. unless the time is wrong and it changes at mid night tonight. I will keep trying but if I can't do it then it will have to stay as it is. Once again thank you both. All the best .

Mike.angry.smiley.

Posted by Michael Adams 3 on 03/02/2017 15:57:16:

Hi Denis & McG, sorry to have to say that I have tried ever thing that you have explained to me to alter the time & date on this confounded camera but nothing seems to work. I think it must be the SD card which will not except the information, the film I took today it states that the date is 2017.02.02. so it is not changing. perhaps I have done something to stop that working properly. unless the time is wrong and it changes at mid night tonight. I will keep trying but if I can't do it then it will have to stay as it is. Once again thank you both. All the best .

Mike.angry.smiley.

Keep trying, Mike. As it is the only way to finally 'master' things.

In the above quote you wrote that your time is given with 'dots' symbols (see your text in bolt above). Is that the way you tried to import your new time into the last 'text' file? It is important to use the same characters/symbols that your microprocessor has been initially coded to. In my humble opinion the given time would be of less importance unless yours is used as a traffic cam...

Cheers

Chris