40 Amp Turnigy Plush ESC vs Overlander ESC

colin weaver

Advert

It's quite possible that one or the other is a copy or rebrand - I've come across several examples of "fully compatible" ESCs and programming cards over the years. I have a Hobbyking sourced card somewhere which is identical to a Jeti one and YEP seem to be identical in almost all respects to the far more expensive German brand, YGE. You could try asking Overlander for more details - they might be the victims of IP theft.

This might make for some illuminating reading...

You might also like to balance any possible savings against local customer service and support.

HobbyWing are definitely the OEM for the Turnigy Plush; their ESCs have been rebranded many times across the world, but whatever the wrapping on them they seem to work very well and are my ESC of choice for small sport planes. Whether the Overlander is a Hobbywing rebrand I can't say, but it is highly unlikely that Overlander are selling a product manufactured exclusively for them, especially given the low price point. As for IP violations, well... given a huge percentage of these low cost electronic devices are made in China, good luck with any prosecution!

Edited By MattyB on 13/02/2017 16:47:54

Martin

It is just that I have an ancient, but quite reliable, 60 Amp HobbyWing ESC, and an associated Programmer Card. It could not be faulted with a Scorpion motor in a small 1st generation electric heli. So I want to retain compatibility, but that may not be possible, given the `generation' gap ........

The later HobbyWing (maybe??) SkyWalker ESCs on Ebay appear to be suspiciously cheap ..... ?!

I am not a great fan of re-branding ..... it just confuses matters.

Thanks go to the other contributors as well.

Regards

Colin W

PS - can anyone suggest a decent brand/model of a 3 or 5 amp `separate' SBEC, as I like my BECS divorced from the main (opto coupled) ESC.

Edited By colin weaver on 14/02/2017 11:31:01

Edited By colin weaver on 14/02/2017 11:40:48

Edited By colin weaver on 14/02/2017 11:42:38