Spektrum dsx6i help needed

Paul  Williams

finished building a light trainer today when I was setting up the ailerons I went for one lead into aile and one into aux on the rx. The servos are upright in the wings and I placed on arm on the left and one arm on the right copying another design. The tx is set to dual ailerons. I cant get the set to reverse one of the servos. If I change to R in aileron it reverses both servos and there is no reverse setting for the aux channel. tried switching leads but it just reverses the whole problem. I can make it work if I run on a Y lead but then I have no differential setting.I have created a big set of flaps.

Getting very frustrated. Any one help

Paul

Advert

Is it a dx6 or dx6i you have?  The dx6i I use and it has reverse on aux channel, I've got 2 ail servos plugged into ail & aux, and had to reverse aux to get them working as ailerons.

Just to make sure, the right ail should be plugged into the ail socket and the left in aux.  Downloading the manual just now, will write back when I remember how I did it

For dual Ailerons you are (or should be) using aileron and flap channels (basically flapperons), so you need to reverse Flap in the reverse list (page 26).

You then get the full adjustments on each servo and can set the flap switch to drop or raise the ailerons to work as flaps or spoilers if you wish. Probably best to set this to 0% for the first few flights or keep your finger away from the flap switch.

I've set up my YAK 54E with dual servo's (6200 Rx) and had no problems, not tried using them as spoilers/flaps yet.