Transferring photos from i phone 5 to album.

Braddock, VC

My eldest son gave me an i phone 5 so I can face time the grandson. I now find I don't have a clue how to transfer pix around. I've set up an i cloud but can't seem to make that work and I'd dearly love to be able to share some of the pix I have.

Can anyone help, bearing in mind I'm unable to work this modern stuff for england as it were.

Edited By Braddock, VC on 09/03/2017 21:12:54

Advert

Hi Braddock.

I'm far from an expert, but from experience Iphones don't talk very well to a windows PC, but they are fine talking to an Apple computer or Ipads and transfer is easy.

I tried to get some pictures from my windows pc on to my mother in laws Ipad, plugging it into my computer I could see the Ipad but could not access it to transfer pics. After some research I found I could only do it using Dropbox and upload the pics to Dropbox and then down load them on the Ipad a total time consuming nightmare.

VC, do you want to share on here?

Or with your friends and family?

From your photo files you can email them to your friends

From your photo folder, you can download them to your Album on here using the internet

Open your internet browser, and sign in to modelflying.co.UK

When you open your albums you can add photos

When you click add

You can the Browse your Photo folder and click on the ones you want to share

Then click save

Once they are in your Album on here, you can add them to your conversations

Edited By Denis Watkins on 09/03/2017 21:49:09

Thank goodness VC, I had vibes that you were in fact a devil. Be patient with me as there are few areas that could answer your question.

When you take a snap with your iPhone, that image is stored somewhere and we call that a folder, or a picture gallery that we can revisit.

When you are signed in on this forum, there are a couple of areas of interest. Far right, top of this information box, is a Black Camera

We click onto this this when we want to drop a pre-stored picture, photograph, into our conversation

So you need to be prepared

Put your photographs into Albums, accessible at the top of this page, 4th box along from the left in the red line.

From here it is simpler to do something than to explain it

So let us assume we took photographs on our iPhone in 2 instances, that we wish to relate to others

1st, We want to comment on our Lancaster Build, so previously we assembled all our Lanc pics in a folder on our internet device, be it a PC or the iphone

We can then put those into an Album by clicking on Album, at the top of this page, and then by  following the instructions.

2nd We want to display our holiday in Italy. While in Sorrento, we took many snaps with our iPhone

These are in a photo folder, or gallery on the phone

They can be downloaded to your PC, or you can go online with the iPhone and transfer your holiday snaps to the Italy Album, that you made, together with your Lancaster Album, on this forum, from the top line.

To make a start, try clicking/pressing the Black Camera above this box, and see where this takes you, then ask questions

Then click/or press on the Album at the top of this page and see where this takes you, then ask questions

Do not hesitate VC, to come back as model flyers, we conquer all

Edited By Denis Watkins on 10/03/2017 15:58:20

Iv'e just taken a step by step series of pictures on my Iphone in an attempt to help but they are not loading onto the site as they normally do so I suggest its an issue with the site at the moment.

This forum doesn't seem to cope well with smartphones at the best of times but this issue is a new one.

Ok seems to be an issue because they were screen shots,

In a nutshell Braddock from IPhone , log in on iPhone tap albums in the red section at the top of the screen, tap create an album , tap add photos this should prompt the iPhone to show a list of options , tap photo library, this will put the photo into the stacking choose file list , when you've added scroll down and tap the upload button. Hey presto hopefully it should have worked ?

Posted by Braddock, VC on 10/03/2017 20:35:48:

Justin, bloody hell that was easy. Photos I uploaded are not good but the procedure is spot on.

When I get my glasses cleaned, I'll see you all right wink.

Glad to be of help , I take all major cards

Essjay I will have a look at that , cheers.