VIP over Croatian Coast

Advert

Hi Jos, fascinating to see the (PC7s)? Flying with about 15 degrees of flaps and airbrakes extended. 110 knots or so? When I was a kid living in Great Barr, Birmingham, DC3s from British European Airways (BEA) were flying in and out of Birmingham Airport (Elmdon Aerodrome) all of the time. They were the most common things in the sky, although there was quite a lot of military around then, many Meteors and Vampires.

BEA called the DC3 the "Pionair". My little brother went on a school holiday to Guernsey in, I think, 1956. I remember watching him board a PionIr outside the old art-deco terminal building and waving him off. Strong and lasting memories.

Edited By Colin Leighfield on 15/03/2017 16:32:21

@ Hi Colin , These are the '' new '' acro-pilots, because ''old''s went to work in Saudi Arabia, of course for better pay .... if they so well continue to fly so good , probably .... looking for a better payment ....smile p
Otherwise my first flight, in the life, was with the DC-3, when I was 4 years old in 1951, from Sinj airfield, where now, I fly my RC models.face 1

Dear Colin.... all the best

Jos

Very nice. I have visited Zadar a few times. On the first occasion my contact there explained how the city was changed in the Second World War and asked who we might think caused the damage which necessitated the rebuilding. The answer he provided when we came up blanks was "it was your RAF!!", which subdued the conversation a little!