Old Timer Kadet's

I have 2 Old Friends that are over 75 years old that are long time flying Buddies. The one is a very good with metal work and the other better with wood. The metal guy is Colin and he has problems with skitfox 360.jpghaky hands that is getting worse and has reached the stage that he no longer flies his faster aircraft and even started talking about stopping flying. I decided that I would build him a Kadet Senior scaled down a bit to 90% which is still a 70 inch wingspan. I added all the features that Colin likes such a 4 stroke motor, silk covering on the fuselage and wheel spats. My son and his girlfriend helped with the building, we started on 24 December and test flew on 2 January. Colin did not know about the build until it was presented to him at one of our vintage aircraft days. He was blown away and loves his Kadet.

Alex was a little jealous of Colin' s new Kadet as his is over 20 years old and the monoke is now very brittle and requires patching after very outing, so I decided I had better build another one. This took a little longer as I did not have any help and no public holidays to aid production. Test flew the second one yesterday as it was a public / Bank holiday yesterday and it flies just as well. Aircraft will be handed over on Sunday at the next Vintage aircraft meeting.

kitfox 389 (2).jpgkitfox 391 (2).jpgkitfox 387 (2).jpg

Advert

Just over 3 years ago I was taught the true meaning of the words PAY IT FORWARD when our house was destroyed in a lipo fire. Many guys in the modeling community assisted us with things to help get my son and I going again as I never insured my modeling equipment as it my hobby and try not to place values on what I have. I buy things when they are available and have well stocked cuboards so I do not have to go buy things to build but do buy to replace stock. A very simplistic way of doing things but it worked for me. We had over 140 complete aircraft destroyed in the fire and have no idea how we paid for all the stuff.

Since then I once again have a well stocked workshop and have the choice of aircraft to fly so it is only fair that I give back to this great hobby.

Dave, the Airframe in the corner is a Eindeckerish, that is what we call it, built 2 of them. Will be a plan feature for Traplet when I finish the article.kitfox 382 (3).jpg