Cardboard clone of a Funjet / Radjet

Advert

Quite, last year after flying another cardboard wing design I left it on the grass and went off and flew another model and it started raining when I got back it was a bit wobbly, but it dried out.

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 26/03/2017 09:35:54

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 26/03/2017 09:36:33

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 26/03/2017 09:46:56

Hi Mark ,

I think we need more guys like you in the hobby who "stray " from the ordinary and are innovative.And what a warm feeling you get when you see your creation actually flying !

Like it !

dropped you a PM on a Funjet clone that might interest you ?

cheers

Pete

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/electric-rc-tech/oh-yes-goal-achieved-!!/msg754858/#msg754858

Mark has kindly let me add the above. Its my take on the Funjet . With an aim to home build one to achieve The Magic Ton , which I eventually did.

I liked the funjet , a simple shape ,but being Multiplex , it was expensive , (but worth it !) So I cloned it out of depronny stuff and pizza plates and it flew , It needed a bit of fettling to get it over the ton but made it in the end , The last mod I did was to remove the Tip Tanks ,I thought they reduced the tip vortex but their removal gave me an extra 6mph.

Since it went though the ton barrier It has hung up in my loft and has not flown since , so Goal achieved as it says .

Mark is well into cardboard at present , with some "exciting " aircraft in the pipeline .

Hope it gives you ideas !

Pete W