Considering moving from 35 to 2.4

Hi All,

I know this is a "controversial" subject as it is a comparison between two different implementations of the same 2.4 GHz technology but would be interested in views and opinions on each set.

I currently fly a FF7 but am also considering the DX7 but would like more info first hand from users before I part with my hard earned.

Does one set have an advantage over another in terms of features/missing etc?

I've read the excellent posts witten by Timbo on 35MhZ v 2.4GHz,  maybe we could have a post comparing features and technologies between fuby and speky?

Thanks / CS

Advert

If its any help I/m looking for a straight forward set no matter what spec but .that I can actually use ! I have an Optic 6 set up & a Futaba 2.4 set up & am determined to find a Fleet  ( British set up) that will get me flying again ! Nostalgia is NOT dead yet but nearly forgotten.In other words I dont reccomend either,UNLESS you want my stuff   Its never been flown --just had the nicads recycled regularly ie minimum every 2 months

Myron what's wrong with your Optic 6 and Futaba sets. I have a couple of sets of fleet gear a 7 channel PCM set but the Tx battery has failed and a 6 channel XP/FM set that i don't use any more as i like the programming flexibility of modern radio's and being able to have several models in the memory.

CS if you like the programming on your FF7 that would sway my decision that way, as you will be familiar with the programming (and I have a DX6i !)