Delta 362

On receiving my May mag. I was delighted to see the 362 plan and article. I shot out to my modelling shed and looked out my old plans. Sure enough, there was a pristine copy of the bigger 363 version. Desired, but never built as job, house, children took over my life. As soon as I saw there was a set of laser-cut ribs on offer for the 362 there was no stopping me and I banged off an order immediately. Dangerous things, these smartphone! Grandchild No.2 is due in a week-and-day, so fingers crossed I can get building in this new century. Quite nice being a Grampa/Mur-far (Swedish, apparently, as I'm "Mother's father").

I know what you mean Robert an old clubmate has the 363 powered by an electric motor and four cells.It flies brilliantly at all sorts of speeds. I have a plan for the bigger one too and may well fit a rear exhaust OS40, even though that will mean mounting the engine upright, something which Peter Russell disaproved of. laugh.

So whats it to be John, IC or lecky? If I didn't have at least two models 'in build' at present I too would have cleared my bench for a 362 build. I think it is great how Shaun is resurrecting some of these classic designs and bringing them up to date. If you decide to do a build blog John I will be following with interest.

I just happened to take my 362 out yesterday, I'd transferred it to my Horus tx and wanted to use it as a test for the transmitter. My example came from ebay, it's very well put together but the engine mount spacing is OS46LA size so it would have been rude not to fit one. I'd guess it was originally built for an OS FP, either a 35 or 40. With the 46 it's a bit nose heavy but the performance is sprightly to say the least. There's no room for the LA's rear needle so it's using a 25 size carb that I had handy.

362 maiden.jpg

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 12/04/2017 13:42:57

I built one as a teenager in the 70s, but crashed it a few minutes into its first flight due to inexperience. I shall have another go with this plan, and electric power. The plan has been hacked about to fit in the magazine, and I think the formers have been lost in the process - F1P and F1S are quite a complex shape. Is it just me being blind?