Tv film

fly boy3

Advert

Hidden Britain by Drone, and its a repeat AFAIK of the just over a year ago programme with Tony Robinson presenting.

IMO a complete waste of time, showing a number of locations that could easily have been filmed just as well if not better by other means.

Well, I watched its first showing, and gritted my teeth to sit all the way through.

The P.O. Underground Railway was a particularly sensitive subject for me, as I know/knew it well. I watched in stark disbelief that they thought flying a drone down a small tunnel (it was a narrow gauge system) where the drone was about head height at most was a profitable and sensible use of the technology!

But then SO many programmes are painful to watch. Just been watching "Aircraft Stories". Extensive lengthy commentary of the Hurricane explaining the various Marks while showing shots of Spitfires, Extensive commentary on the Martlet / Wildcat / Hellcat while showing shots of P40's / Tomahawks.

SIGH.................................

There was a film called Eyes of the Sky in the 50s. That was a classic.

A young Piper Cub pilot in Korea straps bazzokas to hi Cubs struts because he=is brother got killed.

When he fires at a tank the recoil blows the struts off.

While he is in hospital his CO comes in a tells about a raid in WWII on Germany.

iences reactions to the imagination.They take off in Twing engines =d bombers, Marauders I think. Fly to the target in B-17s. Bomb in somehting else and fly home in Liberators..

THis film was shown ina RAF cinema.

I leave the audience reactioon to the imagination

Edited By Peter Miller on 14/05/2017 09:41:15