Magnatilla electric set up

Thanks for your replies. Yes, having shopped around on the net I can see there are probably cheaper options but I am having problems finding something of the correct length. I'll give it a bit more research to see if I can find something to suit. Weight wise this would be a good match once the 5s batt is in place.

Thanks again for your ideas.

• 1 month later...
Advert

Hi All,

Finally got round to test flying the Magnatilla and so I thought I would report back. The motor I went for was the PPower I mentioned in a previous post. It was the dimensions given on the website and so was a perfect fit inside the cowl. Weight wise I calculated it would be good and once I had everything installed this was the case.

On the ground the Turnigy watt meter showed 47 amps draw, 700 plus watts using a 13x5 wood prop. The test flight was on a windless day (after weeks of really windy weather) and the Maggie cruised on 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. I am guessing this will be probably half on a normal flying day with a breeze. Landed after 5 mins and the 5s 3300 was showing 60% so should be plenty of flying time with these packs. Compared to the i.c. set up I needed to add a boot full of right rudder and down elevator. This I was expecting and have added a couple of degrees of down and right thrust for the next flight.

Once trimmed for cruising, the Magnatilla was an absolute delight to fly and it was great to see it in the air again.