Simulator help required please.

Richard Walton

Hi All,

I'ma newbie flyer trying to get my A but family duties, work and the weather are robbing me of stick time.

I'm looking for a simulator that will run on my windows laptop and that I can plug in either my Spektrum dx6 or dx6i. I'm going to connect the laptop to my main tv via the hdmi ports so that I can get the full field view effect.

Here's my question. Can anybody recommend something that will work in this fashion, what would I need and where can I get it please?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited By Richard Walton on 21/08/2017 22:44:34

Advert

I too used Phoenix as an-after-30-years-off returnee and found it very good. I bought a Phoenix v4/DX4e package and it upgrades on-line to v5.5 or later without difficulty. I have also run it with a DX5e but not a DX6 nor 6i, although I have 2 x DX6 Txs. Steven Shaw above has no problems.

Note that you will need an adapter for a DX4e/DX5e - it is a cable with a usb plug for the PC, a lump in the middle containing the electronics and a 3.5mm jack at the other end which plugs into the TX - just like a buddy lead. I don't know if the DX6/6i has provision for a wired training link as my DX6 Txs are in a different location at the moment. The link above allows a download of the software and on-line purchase of the hardware/adapter.

I have used Phoenix on both my old PC running a W7>W10 upgrade on a magnetic disk HDD and my new PC using a stand-alone W10 o/s and a solid-state "HDD". DVI and HDMI connections to an HD monitor as appropriate. I couldn't tell the difference between the 2 PCs!

As to linking a laptop to TV via HDMI? No idea - but surely that is the whole point of the HDMI set-up, so that one doesn't have to mess around with "stuff"? Others will know better than I. I WOULD go the HDMI route, but our big, old, widescreen Toshiba TV just won't give up!

The problem with Phoenix is that HH took it over and then effectively have ignored it.

No official updates for over a year, no promised updates of latest models in stated manufacturers ranges as still stated on the home page as a "feature" purchasers should expect. The last official model updates were December 2015! If it wasn't for Rickp on RCG and his prodcution line of user models there would be little reason for hope!

Heck, they are still promoting a new Infinityscape ""coming soon", they posted A YEAR AGO!!!

Back when it was the leader of the pack (and I was a Beta Tester, with v3) quality responses and fixes from the programming team were usually only minutes away to general public. Now? ................................ZZZZZZ

Also the last major prog update gained quite a few loose programming edges which remain to this day, for example Gliders, Slope or Thermal, are extremely unrealistic and the wind control system is IMO largely broken.

Can't inform if its still the best, but its clearly not the quality product it once was and its not being supported well enough from in house which is extremely sad to see.