S6R config app issue

Eagle 899

I've just bought an S6R Rx and downloaded and installed the Config App on my Windows 10 PC.

It opens up and finds the Rx, the accelerometer numbers are showing and changing to prove the connection but on that Calibration page the three buttons: Previous, Calibration and Next shown on the downloaded image below are missing!

Anyone got a fix for this please?

Shep

sr6 config.jpg

Advert

Has anyone got a ZIP of the config app that they have successfully used they can email to me, so that I can rule out my PC being the problem?

Please PM me for my email address if you can help. Ta, Shep

Just to reiterate, I've attached actual images of the first page showing the correct version (Aux tick boxes) and the offending Cal page!

PS Thanks for the replies so far smiley

sr6 config 1.jpg

sr6 config cal.jpg

Edited By Eagle 899 on 25/08/2017 11:32:55

Edited By Eagle 899 on 25/08/2017 11:33:25

Eagle - I had trouble with my S6R config prog not recognising the configuration of my RX and then I couldn't tell if the original configuration hadn't been set properly or if the program wasn't reading it properly. I tried many things over a few days and gave up.

I downloaded the S8R configuration program for use with my S6R RX and now everything is OK. If I were you I would try the same and stop pulling your hair out trying to figure a way round the problem with the S6R configuration program.

Ian

Looking at your screen shots, your window is smaller (shorter) than I expect. Is it filling your entire screen?
If so, then the window is too large to fit on your display and the calibration buttons are off the display!

I've written a program called "SportSet" that does the same things as the FrSky Config program, and also allows configuration of the UART and RPM sensors.

You may find it here: **LINK**

Instructions for installing are on that post. Note the most recent versions only have the .exe file in the .zip files. You need to install the "original" from SportSet.zip, then overwrite the .exe from the latest .zip.

For users with Linux, there is a version that runs on Linux as well.

Mike.

Ian, Tried S8R config...same result.

Denis, S6R brand new, first one I've tried and using V 1.3

Mike, You're a star..........again; downloaded SportSet and latest .exe, works a treat thank you cool

I agree about the image being short but it was in the middle of a 1920 x 1080 screen res exactly as shown.
Strange one, but your expertise worked smiley

Shep

PS I tried several other resolutions too.

Edited By Eagle 899 on 25/08/2017 17:38:23

Checking your images, they have a white area under the tabs that is pushing the blue area, with the options on it, down.

I'm using Win 10, with a 1920x1080 screen and it displays correctly.

Andy: He must have the correct COM port as he is seeing the accelerometer values, and he has used the read button as the last image shows the reading is complete.

Mike.

Posted by Mike Blandford on 26/08/2017 00:14:44:

Checking your images, they have a white area under the tabs that is pushing the blue area, with the options on it, down.

Yes I see that but there is no side slider to adjust up/down, nor arrows at the corners to stretch the image. I've tried several versions for S6R and S8R, all the same!

I'm using Win 10, with a 1920x1080 screen and it displays correctly.

Andy: He must have the correct COM port as he is seeing the accelerometer values, and he has used the read button as the last image shows the reading is complete.

True

I'm going to try the app on other peoples PCs when I get the chance and will report back.

Thanks, Shep

Posted by David Tayler on 26/08/2017 12:43:28:

I have just tried s6r calibration software ,version 1.3 on my computer,running windows 10 and it worked fine with the 3 tick boxes visible.

Hi David,

Looks like my PC/Win10 then!

I'll PM you my email address, would you send me the ZIP of the config app you used please and that should confirm it.

Ta, Shep

Thanks to David for emailing the config ZIP.....................exactly the same result, so I'm now sure that it's my PC that's causing this enigma.

I will try it on one of my sons' PCs asap and confirm.
Meanwhile I'm able to set up the S6R with Mike's SportSet smiley

Shep

This is slightly off topic but having configured my S8rR I cannot get it to bind to my taranis . I am running non EU firmware and have a non EU receiver. I have tried re flashing FCC firmware just in case using the STK device but I still cannot get it to bind. Has anyone any ideas what I should do next? Thanks David.

How old is your Taranis? Many of the early Taranis' (early XJT) have a problem with the S6R/S8R. They will bind, bu t only using some of the possible Rx numbers.

Try using different Rx numbers and see if some work.

I have told FrSky about this. If you have a recent Taranis, and it binds with just some Rx numbers, this is significant and I need to contact FrSky again. I have a suspicion this problem is related to the unique ID value of the XJT.

Mike.

Dear Mike, Many many Thanks. My Taranis dates from November2014. It would not bind wirth receiver numbers 16 or 20 but bound with no problems to receiver no2. I think I can now finish setting up the receiver,It certainly shows promise but I need to install it then check carefully that everything moves in the correct sense. I would never have guessed that I needed a different receiver number so would never have won. Fantastic help,much appreciated.David

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I said I wouldn't waste any more time on this issue but....................

It's too windy (for me) to go flying and the test match finished early so I was bored.

I was still intrigued as to why this app wasn't appearing properly on my PC and my laptop so, using Teamviewer, I compared my screen to my son's to see if there was an obvious difference.

For many years I've preferred to have the Taskbar on the top of the screen not on the bottom which is conventional.

Lo and behold, with the Taskbar on the bottom, the app appears properly with the Previous/Calibration/Next buttons!

enlightened