EMP HALTON SPECIAL MODEL AIRCRAFT

HELEN ALCOCK

img_0735.jpgHello everyone, I wonder if I could pick your brains.

The story behind my post is that a friends husband has died and she has asked me to sell the item (pic above). She ... and I ... have no idea what it is worth and although I would like to advertise it on eBay, I don't want to under or over estimate it's value.

One wing is something like 4'6" or 137cm, to give you a rough idea of the size.

Could you help please? Give me an idea of it's value?

Advert

I'm afraid it's whatever the market wants to pay...

If you were selling it at a typical club auction, maybe £20 - £30? However, these go back a long way (I had one in the mid 70s) and it looks to be in excellent condition so you might tap into the nostalgia market. My advice would be to put it on Ebay at a low start price to encourage bidders and hope that 2 or more people really want one!

P.S. I'm a bit intrigued that one wing looks longer than the other - is this a camera angle thing?

Edited By Martin Harris on 23/09/2017 23:38:45

Thanks so much gentlemen. Good info and it all helps considerably.

I'll start it off at £20 and see what happens. It's no good to my friend so anything she gets for it is a bonus.

I have no idea about any repairs ... I'll post the pic as is and let whoever buys it (if indeed someone does) take their chances I think ... not really much more I can do, other than speculate.

I live in France ... but I'm visiting the UK in a week or so, so will post via MyHermes.

I'm glad I found you ... thank you for your guidance and experience and for helping me. AITCH.