Taranis x9d newbie

Sebby

i won an x9d tax in my local model club raffle. Being both a newbie flyer and only slightly pc literate I am bamboozled by the x9d and wondered if there is a library or model settings that I can download and use in my Tx to get me going. I have checked the firmware and this is ex factory version 1. My planes are Irvine tutor with IC engine, zagi 48inch with electric motor, ST Discovery, Multiplex Easystar And Funcub

Advert

I wish it were that simple. It would be foolhardy to load a set of library settings and expect them to work on your models as expected without quite some tweaking, which requires knowledge of OpenTX and how the systems on your planes work.

I would suggest you do one of two things.

Either: start here **LINK**

download these documents and start doing some night-time reading until you have some familiarity with OpenTX,

Or: Ebay it.

As a newbie flyer and also only slightly pc literate, I would definitely suggest the latter. Almost certainly you will need to update the system with some of the latest software.

The teranis x9d is a fantastic tx do not be put off with a steep learning curve as some find it easy even though they are nor pc gurus (ie Normal) see open tx university for loading the latest open tx on to the Tx and go from there . it can be simple or as hard as you desire . also there is a manual available to purchase from here ( cost money do to the time and effort to write so worth it)

I am happy with mine and the reliability from frsky 2.4Ghz protocol and i think you could be too

Edited By flight1 on 28/09/2017 18:35:00

Posted by flight1 on 28/09/2017 18:31:27:

The teranis x9d is a fantastic tx do not be put off with a steep learning curve as some find it easy even though they are nor pc gurus (ie Normal) see open tx university for loading the latest open tx on to the Tx and go from there . it can be simple or as hard as you desire . also there is a manual available to purchase from here ( cost money do to the time and effort to write so worth it)

I am happy with mine and the reliability from frsky 2.4Ghz protocol and i think you could be too

Edited By flight1 on 28/09/2017 18:35:00

I make no money at all from the manual I wrote in the link above. Over 150 pages and by far the most comprehensive manual for OpenTX out there, and free to download. The spirit of OpenTx is that work done on the project is freely given.

May I suggest you start off by loading OpenTX Companion onto your computer? You can practice setting up a model in it, and see what each control is doing by using its simulator function. Use the info sources mentioned in previous posts for how to do it. Then, when you're happy that controls are doing the correct things, you can download the model you've created into your transmitter.

And any questions, come to this forum smiley