Vampire Hobby King retract screws

I have just completed a Hobby King Vampire mk6. Using all the recommended, I have flown twice, 4 cells 2200 40c Turnigy, 5 minutes mixed flying, 3.8 left in each cell. Two smooth landings (greased even).I picked up the model and one of the main u undercarriage legs fell to the floor. On investigation there are no retaining grub screws to hold the lugs in place, only empty threaded M3 holes on each side. So lucky not to have any damage, but the other leg appears to be solid fixed even without the screws. Has anyone else had this? Screwing M3 bolts into the threaded holes is smooth and it is definitely the correct thread, but they won,t screw in to pinch the leg on either side. It looks like the missing screws must have a forward point. Are these available, comments please. Cheers Stuart

Advert

Many thanks for your reply, I have now solved the problem. There are flats on each side of the legs. The grub screws are so small in depth, only 3mm, they where there all the time with the smallest Allen key to tighten I had screwed in M3 bolts what I thought was to the leg, where infact the grub screws where still there but so loose. A good light and further investigation solved the problem. Cheers Stuart

I have had several Durafly models over the years, and it is certainly worth checking those screws every now and then as they do work loose. Not had any come loose after just a couple of flights though - must have been a factory error. I've been reluctant to use threadlock as it may make things a bit "permanent".