80" Playboy Senior

Advert

Posted by Montyb on 28/11/2017 11:51:50:

Hi All. Sorry for the delay but I really messed up. Forgot about left side right side principle and glued some balsa on the wrong side of one of the completed sides hence I had to build another side. Fun the first time not so much building the side again. Will start to put sides together and post some pics.

Ooops..........cheeky

Easily done Mate, don't ask how i know...............!!

Looking the mutts now tho, I just love the lines on the Old 'Uns.

Also , I mostly use the natural solartex (no pigment) so that when they are in the air you can see all that loverly woodwork thru the covering.

Keep up the Good work.......but only once.....LOL

D.D.

Couple of set backs. I realized I hadn't installed the rod between the right and left elevator. Had to fix that problem. (Duh). While fixing that broke left elevator. Had to fix that. Then back on to fuselage- no problems so far. Have fuel tank platform done, servo tray done, and space for battery done. Still have to do servo tray for throttle. I'll post some pics whenever I get that done.

image.jpegimage.jpegThought I would post latest pictures of some progress. Repair on adding joiner wire. Fuel tank platform battery floor and tail feathers servo tray. Still thinking how I want to fasten wing down. Anxious to get fuselage done so I can get started on wingimage.jpeg

Hi Montyb. Mate of mine just built the Playboy, it looks great. Not flown yet as the winter weather is off putting, probably something to do with us feeling the cold more as we get older ...... Good to see some great tips and pics for vintage on here, especially the pic of BB 'Great News'. I am just building the Great News, and is now almost ready to cover which will probably be after we get Xmas and the New Year over with, and my depleted funds recover lol. This is my first venture into vintage and won't be my last, ..... I have just been given the plans for an enlarged 78 inch Elf biplane ! I completely re-designed the front end and cowl of the Great News to take electric, installed a ply tray to take the lipo, servos, and Rx. Then made a hatch under the fuz to strap in the lipo battery. I am now trying to decide on a colour scheme, playing with the idea of covering in vintage yellow solartex with black trim. Will post more pics when completed. Hope my pics give some ideas and tips for other first time vintage builders, especially if converting to electric.09.jpg08.jpg07.jpg03.jpg02.jpg

Edited By Ronaldo on 18/12/2017 16:36:39

Edited By Ronaldo on 18/12/2017 16:40:36

Thanks Montyb. After all the artf and composites I've been involved with and put together over the last few years, it feels real good to get back to 'real building' and modelling from plans and kits as I used to do when I first started in this great hobby some 50 years ago. smiley

• 5 weeks later...