A second edf model

John Whoriskey

Sounds a like plan jetsome!  I flew a duo with an identical Sabre at Chester Roodee a few weeks back, exact same powertrain too so they stayed in synch quite well Yours I think are 4 cell and therefore quicker than mine, but look forward to it - bring the Mig and we can dogfight

Really looking forward to seeing your Hawk too - will doubtless inspire me to finish mine a bit quicker

Advert

JETSOME wrote (see)

Timbo.

Only No. 3 Sabre has the 4cell drive, it does have throttle so if we do get out of sync I can quickly catch you up again. Sadly the Mig is no longer flyable. Pilot error saw its demise on Friday afternoon at Greenacres. The fresh breeze was coming in over a line of trees  and across the downwind leg. This caused a bit of turbulance which I was unprepared for, got disorientated and it was into the ground in a split second. Can't  imagine life without an Alfa Mig so another one has been added to my shopping list for the Nats.

Shaun. The Sabre drop tanks come as a bit of extra kit for about a tenner a pair, I get mine from Sussex Model Centre. If you look into my Photobucket album above, where the Mig vid is, you should see a pic of the wheel kit. Anyway, be glad to show you whats involved which isn't very much!

Oh thats a bummer John - still as long as the gear survived eh. Look forward to the flight at the weekend

If you want a large high performance EDF then check out Jepe's website, he used to do a really nice F16 but unfortunately his factory burnt down. Now he is getting back on his feet but is doing the Fly Fly Hobby models like Timbo's Hawk, but he also offers mods like glasscloth for making the model ding proof, balanced motor & fan for increased performance, Undercarriage upgrades and re-jigging so that it will take off from grass, extra instructions for improving the intake ducting and outlet nozzle. Wing strengthening and trailing edge sanding for increased aerodynamic performance.

Of course you could scour the forums and find all these mods yourself and save some money, or you can follow Jepe's advice.

The choice is yours , I havn't bought one yet but want to next year!

http://www.jepe.org/