Scale markings

DIGGER

Hi, sorry if this is not the place for this, but if anyone out there has not heard of CALLIE GRAPHICS in the US ( NEW MEXICO ) then I suggest you take a look. If you are doing a scale warbird or any other type of scale aircraft US , RAF, what ever, and you need the decals take a look. I needed some for my Parkzone T28, and found she had the ones I wanted, i checked her scale size help page and to make sure I emailed her with what I thought was the right one, she came back very fast with the correct size and to tell her it was for a 44in wingspan and she would do them to fit. Really good service in this day and age, can't wait to see them. So take a look and her prices are very good as well.

Chris

Callie's got my vote, have used her graphics several times. Great prompt personal service, pricing including postage is probably the best around. Stock graphics and custom ones have all been on the money, generally only taking only a week to arrive from New Mexico to New Zealand once order placed. Highly recommended.

Edited By Kiwikanfli on 14/03/2018 07:13:54

Another Kiwi fan - better have a link: **LINK**

I have been using Callie since not long after she first started out. Some of the slope guys on RCGroups hooked up with her and were singing her praises. This was her first job for me:

scooter2a.jpg

Quick background - her mom and dad owned a model shop and she had been studying graphic art, helping out in the shop when she could. One day a customer was talking to her dad complaining that he couldn't source some decals he wanted for a model - Callie overheard and asked what he wanted. She knocked them up and printed them using a basic vinyl cutter. Word got around the customer's club and RCG and soon she had a busy back room operation going.

She has her husband doing cutting, packing and delivery while she works on the design and custom work. She has amassed a huge library of graphics and there is a lot more material available than shown on her site. See also the customer pics.

If you are building a particular model you can e-mail her to see what she has in stock or send her some pics of a f/s plane you like and ask for a quote for decals. These, of course, can be sized to any scale.

Really friendly person and has been around modelling and airplanes all her life.

Edited By KiwiKid on 14/03/2018 10:02:30

Thank you all for replying, as I said can't wait to see mine. Went on her site and read her instructions page and didn't know you can put them on wet and dry, which do you all prefer . By the way KiwiKid love the model it looks great.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I have only ever used the dry method.

The decals from Callie come with that sticky backed tape on the front of them, so you pull the backing paper off and can position them holding the sticky backed tape. I often use thin bits of masking tape as a positioning guide.The only time I would expect it would be beneficial to use the wet method would be if you have a particularly delicate surface where you might only get one chance to "get it right" or the sticky backed tape might pull some paint off.

Some more of Callie's artistry.

bv13.jpg