Urgent - warning to all Scotland residents

Tim Mackey

Mrs Timbo and I are off touring for a week or so, straight after the nats this coming weekend. We would love to get a little bit of flying in and will have at least one sloper and a small EDF with us. Any forum members in the region that could help out with facilities or suggest good sites etc please let me know before Friday morning.... even better if we could actually meet up with you !

Planned Itinerary areas at present ( but flexible as we are booking B+B as we go by the day) is ....

Newcastle U Tyne / Berwick / Edinburgh / Falkirk / Sterling / Perh / Pitlochrie / Aviemore / Inverness / Dornoch / Golspie / John O'Groats / Across the top coastline / Lochinver / Ullapool / Gairloch / Isle of Skye / Fort William / Oban / Inverary / Kilmarnock / Dumfries / Carlisle / and then probably heading back home to North Wales via the Lake district.

So...anyone any suggestions...as I say, we can be flexible with the trip so lets be having some ideas - indeed any other particular places / things we should be doing whilst up and around there ! Cheers.

I'll warn border control

There's a club just outside aviemore but I've no idea how active it is any more, cairngorm mfc

the ross-shire boys are good crack as well ross-shire mfc

and if you're close to nairn(just outside inverness) me and the old man fly beside brackla distillery but thats flat as a pancake so no good for slopers but you're definitely in the right country for those, just find a hill(difficult task) and throw

Nessie goes away on hols at the end of august and haggis hunting season doesn't start till 2nd week in september so you'll miss both of those, but the shooting season is in full swing so you can be a target drone if you like

Jokes aside, feel free to come over to brackla if you find some time, its a nice big flat field and Cawdor Castle is only a mile away

I am already bitten all over by the mossies /midges from being up the Orme sloping  last week - 18 bites at the last count this morning - god they drive me mad...especialy at night - scratching as I sit here typing now !

Well I am signing off for a good while now, ( maybe a quick look before I leave tomorrow ) , and we are not due home until a week Wednesday, and have no idea if I will get access to a wifi connection for the laptop on my travels.

Grant ...I have sent you a PM with a phone number

Cairgorm mfc is still quite active, if you are slow getting there Loch Insh Waterplane splash-in is on the 13/14th September. A few weeks back someone else did much as you are planning and had some fun from just below the Ski slope car park.

Look at the SAA website for some club info. Dingwall mfc is active and also a club at Invergordon. Fort William mfc has limited flying days and few members, surounded by VERY big and inaccesible hills unless you are pretty fit.

Further out from your travel Itinery is the Machrihanish funfly on the 6/7th September and no shortage of slope-able hills around about

I live near Fort William.

Thanks fly .... we shall be passing through Fort William on Monday 1st September, but will be home by Wednesday 3rd. I have cairngorms Flying Club details and have emailed them and  await response.

By Dingwall club do you mean the rosshire club? as I have also contacted them and also the Invergordon one too!

Thanks for the info.... I  will send you my mobile number by PM ...you never know we could maybe meet up somehow?

shame your not up my way theres i nice site where iam, also ive been to the invergordon club and its a flat feild no good for a soaer unless its got a motor and the invergordon club usally flys on saterdays from about 10/12 oclock until 2/3 oclock nice guys

I gave Timbo a call tonight and he is enjoying the Nats. So is Mrs Timbo, now that is what I call a happy couple.

Hi Chris, Timbo recons they are going right up North, across, and back down the West via Skye. He might even get close to you I think. We plan on a short hello here at Fort William if it is possible. Are you interested in doing the same up your way?

Not as crabit as himself that`s for sure, although the wife disagrees about my calm temperament. Mind and tell him we all don`t miss him

Still as rotund as ever, but getting about better as the ankle improves. Still enjoying the best job ever and wondering how I ever managed while earning a living.

Hi Dave ( captain Mannering ) thanks for thge quick flyin at the site - and say hi and thanks to Simon and Phil for the midge repellant - it didnt work completely as some of the little blighters got us as we rounded the JOG and Shetland Isle area...they also fed quite well on us at Isle Of Skye, which is more than we did - we are now ( literally ) at Applecross having just transversed the highest road in the land, to reach this little cafe which actaully has a decent wi-fi connection ! applecross

After a few sticky buns ( and shortbread of course ) and hot coffee, we are heading off to Fort William for one nights stay, and hoping to get some decent weather ( It has been great so far ) for Ben Nevis tomorrow. Hopefully also meeting with "flytilbroke" this evening / tomorrow...if you spot this message Bob, ring me if you can any time from now, or we will try and call you again later today.

Chris....your name was mentioned atthe Invergordon site.... say no more

Still no sloping...... wind seems to have disappeared.... I live in hope for the rest of the trip.

Well now, He did not get it (wind) in Fort William. What the Happy Couple got was a bit of a wait after thier Indian dine out. At least while waiting for me they had the best of free entertainment, The Lochaber Schools Pipe Band. I walked into Town slower than I expected, had to say "sorry" .

Then a good chinwag over a pint. Nice to meet Timbo and Minder