Ailevators

I have used ailerons mixed with rudder but am not sure about ailevators.

In August RCM&E David Ashby has done a review of Seagull Miles Sparrowhawk, which I am now in the progress of putting together, and he refers to the seperate servos for each elevator half and setting up as ailevators. Can somebody, maybe even David himself, enlighten me as to the function of this item.

Many thanks,  Malcolm Blake

Advert

I thought they were how many modern fighter aircraft controlled roll and pitch. Using the elevator to both control pitch and roll.

But i must be wrong, as a Miles Sparrowhawk did not use this method of control.

So I cannot help. But I am very curious.

Erfolg

Hello Malcolm,

It was the first time I had used it myself actually. I have a Futaba FF9 and had fitted the servos the same way round one connected to each elevator half. This meant that the surfaces moved in opposite directions. I simply used the Ailevator function on the tx. This is designed to co-ordinate elevator and aileron but you can zero-ise the aileron throws so just the elevators are active.  

It didn't Erfolg. Sorry perhaps not making myself clear.....

I roll the model with ailerons that are controlled in the normal manner (channels 1 and 6) The elevator servos are plugged into channels 2 and 8 and by zero-ising the aileon throws (in the ailevator menu)  I was left with co-ordinated elevator halves, both going up and down together, simple as that. This was just my solution to the problem mind....