Throttle stop

fly boy3

Advert

Throttle-cut function

The throttle-cut function is intended to be used for shutting off the engine. The engine can be conveniently shut off by rapidly pressing, then releasing the trainer/throttle-cut switch twice in succession. The throttle-cut feature prevents inadvertently shutting off of the engine when lowering the throttle stick all the way (such as when coming in for a landing or taxiing). Throttle-cut works only when the throttle stick is down. To set up throttle-cut, turn on the transmitter and receiver. Actuate the throttle-cut function by rapidly depressing, then releasing the switch twice. Observe the momentary position of the carburetor barrel on the engine. It should be fully closed (thus shutting off the engine). If necessary, use the throttle E.P.A. (channel 3) to fully close the carburetor barrel when the throttle-cut is activated. Now use the throttle trim to open the carburetor barrel so the engine will idle at the desired R.P.M. when the throttle stick is all the way down.

Hi Fly Boy3. I have set some of my IC planes for tick over with the stick fully back (as you stated) but I have adjusted the servo/pushrod travel to allow some back movement on the trim pot thus cutting the engine. You do have to remember to reset the trim pot back to centre for the next flight though.

I have not tried it but I suspect that you can program a switch on flicking it to pull the throttle servo back a little more than the stick to kill the engine, much like the trim pot but at the flick of a switch. Others will hopefully advise on this as I would also be interested if it can be done to alter mine (I'm relatively new to all this programming of switches to do tasks) Hope it helps

There you go beaten to it as I was typing

Edited By Keith Sharples on 25/04/2018 14:07:06

I copied and pasted the 6EXA manual section on throttle cut.

If it were me I would definitely set this up without the engine running and observe how the adjustments you make affect the closing of the throttle barrel. Only when I was happy that the barrel is completely closed when operating the cut switch and that I had the throttle trim set to give a reliable slow idle would I venture to start the engine and try it out.

It might then need fine tuning, perhaps if the throttle barrel is worn and lets air through, or if the idle setting is too high.

Keith. Yes the way we did it back in the day before computer radios with throttle cut. I had assumed that all computer radios had the throttle cut facility and if not it could be done with a mix. The bigger pain came with electric models that unlike ic do not stay cut. The biggest pain with that came with the old dx6i that has no suitable mixes just an ic cut switch which some changed to a non return toggle switch.

I had a throttle cut button on my old RCME transmitter long before all the othe makes had the facility

Edited By gangster on 25/04/2018 16:27:19