spektrum safe technology

Old John B

Advert

Hi, Old John B,

If not for yourself, but the rest of us willing you on please stick with it until you get it working. I don't know about the Safe function, but have noticed various RX's and ESC's can have odd quirks to them that are not in the instructions. Just this weekend I tried binding an RX that I had put into a different model (been bound before) and would it...No Then I remembered this post and Dick's comment - throttle trim right down and hay presto worked!

I am probably wrong, but it could just be some other setting (that's not in the instructions) that's stopping it working.

Keep up the good work and best wishes with finding the fix,

Chris

Posted by ericrw on 30/04/2018 12:51:02:

Hi Old John B, I`m 87 and my Safe receiver is a EFLR 310013 and I have had no trouble in binding it to my Fokker D V7.

Yes I have the same, and i changed all my planes over to this. I'm 71 this July and need that bit of help. Getting slower and my coordination is not what it used to be. SAFE is a great help to us that need it. Keep on trying OJB. as they say it's easy when you know how wink 2

Chris

Hello Digger, Steve and All, The problem as Steve will already know is half solved and I am happy with that ,though later on I may go the whole hog.Everything is tuned in and the plane flies as if it was on rails and you can't wish for better than that.Yesterday (Monday) a chap who we haven't seen for some time turned up with one of these that was working properly and as the video showed, it is best used on the "Gear" switch and it steadies the machine up on take off and landing. I am not sure that at the moment I am desperate for that.

However, it seems silly to have something only half working, so sometime in the near future I will see if the set will accept that., after all it is only a matter of toggling a switch 5 times, but as the thing was flying so well I didn't want to upset things. So far it has refused to go to any other switch, several in the club have tried with no success . Will keep you all informed. Once again thank you for all your help

Old John B

I wrote this before but it doesn't seem to have gone .Hello Digger and Steve and everyone else who has been helping me with this.So far we have got to the point where the aircraft flies beautifully, just as if it was on rails, but assigning "Sure" to a switch seems to defeat all of us. We toggle away 5 times but nothing happens. Now I am perfectly happy with the status quo, but it does seem daft to only have half the set working. A chap who we rarely see turned up with this gear on Monday and I am not sure that I want to bother any more. All this "Sure " seems to do is to keep the plane steady on take off and landing! Well we all do this anyway. I shall mess about and put or try to put it on the gear switch during the week and will let you know what happens. If it doesn't work I am not going to cry.

Old John B

Old John B,

As Mike Freeman pointed out a few posts back you can't make SAFE work with your DX6e as it doesn't have enough channels. If you are happy with things as they are, great, leave it all alone. If you want SAFE working buy a DX8 or 9. It actually says you need more than 6 channels in the retail description of the model. So stop worrying about it, it isn't you're age or lack of expertise, it just isn't possible.

You should feel better now.

John.

Posted by John Muir on 08/05/2018 20:21:57:

Old John B,

As Mike Freeman pointed out a few posts back you can't make SAFE work with your DX6e as it doesn't have enough channels. If you are happy with things as they are, great, leave it all alone. If you want SAFE working buy a DX8 or 9. It actually says you need more than 6 channels in the retail description of the model. So stop worrying about it, it isn't you're age or lack of expertise, it just isn't possible.

You should feel better now.

John.

I'm sorry but this is wrong you can have SAFE on the DX6E I have. You can have safe on a dx4 (3Channel ) what you can't have with the DX6E is a channel for flaps, or retracts. Then you do need a 8or 9. SAFE is ( Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope ) it's a flight training system that give you 3 different modes.Beginner, Intermediate and Experience. When you toggle the switch to Experience then SAFE is OFF, AS3X (gyro) is on all the time on all channels. See my post earlier that explains this. OJ B if you have set it up as per video then you will have it right. Do you have the 3 modes on switch B if so this is also right, as I said before when you put the switch down to position 2 SAFE is OFF, AS3X is always ON. Anyhow don't try to toggle the switch to get it on another switch , if you have what I said above then just enjoy. As the saying goes, if it works leave it alone, Happy flying OJB.

Chris

I don't think anyone is saying you can't have SAFE on a DX6e. You can - I use it regularly but my models are all less than 6-channels so I have spares to assign SAFE too. OJB's E-flite Texan has flaps and retracts so all 6 channels are used up - no spares for SAFE! Looking at OJB's previous post it looks like he is happy with the model as it is so it might be best to save the expense of a new Tx with extra channels and ignore SAFE on the AT-6. Save SAFE for another model with a max of 5-channels!

All this talk of a 3-position switch for SAFE is a little confusing as the SAFE version used in the AR636A Rx used in most of the E-flite BNF's (including the AT-6 Texan) has only two positions - ON and OFF.

Cheers

Gentlemen, I am going to let well alone. The machine is flying beautifully, I didn't really take in the bit about the six channels at the time, no idea why, we will put it down to old age.Once again thank you all for your interest.

Old John B