Throttle position voice call outs

zz

I have a Spektrum DX7 G2 .Does any one know if it is possible to set the voice system to call out throttle position. EG 10 per cent, 20 per cent etc.

Had a look on the net and Spektrum/Jr pages and can't see anything similar Q's.

I don't want to play with the radio too much, I don't want to lose settings.

Thanks

Advert

Don't forget that you can make a copy of the model's programme and experiment with that, if it all goes wrong you'll still have your original.

Are you sure you want the young lady nagging you every time you throttle up/down, even the beep gets on my wick..............might annoy your flying buddies as wellwink

Edited By Cuban8 on 10/05/2018 10:48:10

Ahem,...Taranis will do it quite easily devil

Naughty I know - I'm sorry but I couldn't resist and there is a serious point behind it. People often say "so what exactly can OpenTx do that my Spektrum/Futaba/JR etc. can't. Well this is just the sort of example that illusrates why those who have used OpenTx are so committed. You never ask the question "Can we,...." its only ever "How could we,..."

BEB

It's not generally a feature that I would have a need for, and if someone was flying next to me using it I would probably get irritated! However, many of my models like to be landed with a small amount of power on because of drag etc. and with EP there is no tickover thrust. I set my countdown timer to activate on 10-15% throttle, and it emits a soft "beep" each time this threshold is crossed. Hence, when turning onto finals, I reduce power until I hear the beep then I know I've got about the right throttle setting. I've found this method works well for me, anyway.

My Tx is a first generation DX8.

Having digested the replies I can only say that the blokes I fly with are more easy going than those in the UK. I think I am he only one who users a voice radio and I have not received any complaints. I did'nt think I could do it on this radio, but it's only a Q.

Anyway, I 'll set the timer to kick off at 20 per cent and use that as a base.

Thanks to all.