DJI F450 down on power?

LHR Dave

My Dji F450 with Naza lite controller and Spektrum RX struggles to lift off after several months of non flying.

It has been stored in a warm house for the lay off period.

When I try to lift off it scuttles around on the floor and will lift off with some coaxing. Once in the air it seems to perform ok, but it seems to be under powered. I have tried several different Lipo sizes.

So far I have wiped the settings from the DX7s TX and set everything up again. Have plugged the drone into my computer and performed a calibration and checked all switches etc perform how they should. yet after all this it still performs as described.

I am now lost as to what to do , has anyone got any suggestions.

Yes BEB I went back into NAZA software after i wiped the TX and re loaded the settings. I am pretty sure i have checked the TX servo throw settings but will re visit this.

I am now thinking of stripping the drone down and rebuilding to see if that has ant effect.

Settings on my DX7 which i only use for this drone (fly Futaba for my aircraft).

Throttle travel starts at -96 and ends at 97 at full throttle. Which approx the same figures for all controls on there full travel. Not too hot on using this Tx but all seems ok I think.

Yes, the throttle throw sounds good and the controller should be happy. OK that's the obvious stuff,...how about some less likely, but possible?

Loose props? I know the DJI's are "self tightening, but nothings perfect!

All rotating in the correct dirrections? Right props on the right rotations?

Connections from ESC's OK? Worth breaking and remaking - in case of any oxidisation etc.?

Batteries fully "fit"?

Just some ideas of things to try....

BEB

Latest update.....

I have checked all connections to esc's and flight controller (Naza M Lite) and all are fine and show no signs of corrosion. I have calibrated the Tx to the Naza software. I have checked all switches and controls on the Naza software. I have performed a calibration of the drones compass. Have checked that props are correct.

Yet when i go to lift off the drone still fails to lift off immediately and scuttles across the floor.

I am well and truly lost as what else it could be !!!!!!!!!!!thinking

Well, it's certianly a poser this one!

OK here's a long shot - you say it "scuttles along the floor? Like it has just hover power but not ascending, lift, power?

Well, if I remember correctly, and its been a while since I used a NAZA-lite, it is one of those controlers that seeks to set hover power to exactly half throttle, so you always know the stick setting for a hover, it's just the middle position. Is there a clue there do we think? Could the Tx only be issuing throttle mid-point, ie zero, or something similar?

Vague I know, but I'm running out of ideas!

BEB

Hi. Just a thought, but a quick Google finds some people who had the same problem and the props were on the wrong motors and therefore not generating enough lift. Check again that the props are on the correct motors and turning the correct way. I know there are two of each direction but perhaps they are on the wrong motors. Sorry if you have already checked this when you say you have checked the props.

John.

Props definitely on ok , When drone is powered up it struggles to get airborne, but once it is coaxed airborne it appears to fly normally. It's just getting it there that's the problem. Even with the throttle pushed straight to full this still occurs.