Pusher prop

Louis,.

I stated looking from the REAR of the model put the prop on backwards, which means you are looking at the BACK of the prop from the rear of the model.............From the front  of the model the prop should be facing yourself.                                                                                                                                                      Now change two wires going to the motor to make it run as a conventional tractor prop.                           

Hey presto you have a pusher.   

louise ?????

A standard prop is`nt a pusher just because you fit it backwards and change the direction of the motor ........ is it??  sounds too simplistic as the leading/ trailing edge differ. 

As eric says, fitting a prop backwards and having the motors spinning in the same direction is a no go.....this would be like fitting a wing with the trailing edge at the front and expecting the same lift/performance.

Louis-Terry is under the same misunderstanding that putting the prop on backwards reverses the direction it works-IT DOESN'T!!!

Take a propellor and put it on the table in front of you-decide which way it needs to rotate to 'lift off'.

Now turn it over.....you'll see it needs to rotate in the same direction!

It isn't a 'pusher' prop you need, per se, it's a 'left hand' one!

Louis,  sorry about the "r" a slip of the finger.....Checked out the E Flite website to see  what this Deuces Wild was all about, some model, and there was me thinking it was a pusher.  Checked the spec, it's certainly no light weight for a 62" span  (9.2--10.5lb).                                                                                             I think you will have problems sourcing  12X8  reverse rotation/ counter rotation props, I see BRC only go as far as 9X5 and they are 3 bladed.   

Best of luck with your search.

Hi all....a question for all you knowledgeable types out there about down- thrust when applied to pusher models.                I have built Cyril Carr’s small Walrus and built in the stated down-thrust ie the non drive end of the motor shaft points down towards the nose of the aircraft.                   This however does not stop the seriously terminal dive on hand launching the model and super quick action of up elevator only just saves the day.   Cyril in the magazine article said he solved this dive problem by adding down-thrust.         So my question is have I built it in the wrong way round and should the thrust line on a pusher a/c point upwards? Over to you

wess

Wess

a better indication of thrust line is once you're flying-if you can trim straight and level on, say, half throttle, then open up to full, speed should increase and maybe nose up a little bit, but if the model pitches up steeply or dives for the ground, you have your answer.

The hand launch problem sounds like lack of speed!

Hi all and Eric and Yorkman.....thanks for the advice and i am pleased with what you diagnose as surgery to the power pod is likely to be messy and i was not looking forward to that.......so it seems i have to develop my right arm as obviously what i have been using it for has not developed the muscles in the right way.....by the way ..I was pleased that the model in finished form came out at 429g  15.125 oz and with 2 square feet of wing area the resulting 7.6oz/ft/sq is a nice loading for this 33.5 inch span bi-plane......the power with a 1400kv motor on 3cell-850mah lipo with 6x3 four blade  prop is awesome and on full chat there is a real risk of crushing the depron fuz whilst holding it back. In the air she is really sedate so next time i will experiment with the power and more closely observe the results......thanks guys. wess