Phoenix Flight Sim

Plummet

I have bought copies of the Phoenix Flight Simulator, one copy for me, one for my beloved.

We very rarely use Windows on our computers. Phoenix is the only application we ever have to boot windows for. (And then waiting for all the downloads and upgrades is a proverbial pain, but that is not my problem.)

We now both have newish computers, and have been relying on Phoenix installations on our old ones. However, my old computer has died, and I am trying to install Phoenix on the Windows partition of my new computer.

But I cannot find the original Phoenix disks!

You cannot run Phoenix without a dongle USB connector cable, but still the Phoenix support page says that you have to buy a new CD from them in order to fix my problem.

It is just starting.

When you go to the Phoenix sales page to buy this disk it tells you to buy it through Horizon Hobbies.

You go to Horizon Hobbies and the site is useless - Horizon Hobbies having quit the UK. You go to the German site. Searching round it - and needing to repeatedly press the "English Button" - which translates some but not all the pages - and I found that the only sim products they are selling are a phoenix adaptor cable, and copies of the "RealFlite" simulator.

Has anyone got a clue that they could lend me?

Its enough to tempt me to find someone with a disk and to copy it - but that would be piracy, and that is naughty. I am a good boy I am.wink

Plummet

Edited By Plummet on 29/05/2018 20:40:10

Advert

Posted by Chris Walby on 29/05/2018 21:57:39:

Why would it be piracy the product is protected by the dongle not the software. I have it loaded on two PC's but can only ever use it on one as I only have one lead.

PM me and I'll post you my disk if you want.

My guess is that the disk, if I could find it and read its small print, would say something like "!This media is not to be copied." So in the eyes of Phoenix copying it would be naughty. OK, reasonable in our eyes but naughty in theirs.

Plummet

Further to this ...

Research ( = googling) last night led me to posts suggesting that Phoenix does not run well if at all on Windows 10. I had no choice but Windows 10 when I bought my new 'puter. Am I wasting time and effort even trying?

Has anyone got Phoenix running on Windows 10?

Plummet

We've had a prospective new member attempt to post a link to a download site where the full version of Phoenix 5.5 is available. Clearly it would not be appropriate for this forum to condone this and provide the link, so the post has been rejected.

I hope Plummet resolves his problem but I don't think pirated software is the answer.

Pete

As far as I can recall, you can go to the Phoenix Flight Sim website and freely download the programs. They will load and run until it looks for the transmitter. This is where you have to have the Phoenix lead. I am using a version 3 of Phoenix which has always updated no problem, so the lead is still the same for all versions.

Nicky.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. Moderator.

As far as I can tell this message is not encouraging piracy, because the information I am imparting appears to come from Phoenix themselves. Please could you modify the subject line of this thread to add "Problem Solved". Ta

On another forum I found a message which says that the writer received a link from phoenix from which to download the dvd files.

So anyway, I have now downloaded the files an succeeded with an install, so problem solved.

Plummet

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 05/06/2018 10:56:29

Hi Plummet,

I had followed those links too whilst I was ruminating whether to let the post stay. On balance, there was nothing to prove definitively that the file had willingly been provided by Phoenix and to now allow those links to be posted would be inconsistent with my original decision.

I would suggest that anyone wishing to avail themselves of those links either PM Plummet for them or do a bit of research for themselves - it wasn't too difficult.

Pleased that you've got it sorted anyway, Plummet, I've amended the heading.

Pete