Graupner

I'm thinking of purchasing a Graupner to replace my Spektrum. My old Spektrum has been through the wars with stop and go training these past few years. I've decided to get a new radio when I get my wings and the Graupner seems like a good system,particularly the new MZ 12 Pro. My club though, is pretty much Futaba or Spektrum users and Graupner is fairly rare here in Canada. Any thoughts?

Advert

My first thought is that Futaba and Spektrum are probably easily available where you are. If Graupner is 'fairly rare' where you are could it be that nobody local is selling them?

Secondly, I'm not a Spektrum user myself, but they do have the advantage that you can use them with the many Bind'n'fly models that are available (i.e. they already have a Spektrum-compatible receiver built in, sometimes with stabilisation too). With other radio brands you'll almost always have to buy a separate receiver for whatever model you buy.

Thanks Allan,

As far as availability,my local shop has started stocking them. I think one of the partners had been eyeing them for a while. Not to mention,bought a higher end unit, himself.

As far as Futaba- Spektrum thing, there is a myopic tendency here in North America due to the two distributors and mass marketing. There is a general lack of awareness on what's happening across the Atlantic. I mean, 80% of my club mates never heard of RCM&E! Weird, right?! I spread the gospel whenever I can....

I suppose what I'm looking for is firsthand experience with those who have used Graupner vs other brands and pros and cons.

Cheers!

Bill

I started off with a Sanwa 2 channel back in the 80's then till few years back was on Futaba. First 2.4 was a hand me down JR 9 channel (still using) and then I bought a Graupner MC 20.

Graupner MC is a great set but totally bogged down by the very poorly written manual. However the US Graupner dealer is quite active on one of the RC groups and help is available from fellow users and the dealer if you need it