The Nats -

thanks Shaun

regarding Top Gun,.    it was the intent that, unlike the american TG, this prize went to the best DISPLAY pilot,     and watching Ian, he deserved it,    the thing was real, and a deffo crowd pleaser,    with my other head on, in YT international sales,   i am pleased to report that YT display pilots, (although not neccasarily with YT planes)  won 5 major trophies at TG, 3 of them where the highest,       NICE ONE GUYS!!

Ian, mr TG, is our warbird designer,   his models are simply, works of art,  the Bipe he won with was a 1.3rd sopwith pup,    and he is a member of the DAWN PATROL--a like minded bunch, all commited to displaying 1/3rd scale WW1, round the shows,         

Advert

I have to say that the display that he put on with that Pup was superb. When you go to the shows, the WW1 slot usually involves the planes chugging around in a circuit, before toppling onto their backs on landing. Ian was rolling and stall turning, in a truely scale like fashion. His touch and goes, and landings were faultless. He also flew with another pilot and the syncro routine they flew in the team event was great to watch as well.

As for the other YT guys, that Bonanza "showboating" around in the Kings Cup air race, was great fun to watch as well.

I loved the classic jets, espec the DH110, the Venom and the Javelin.

Well done to everyone who took part, and commiserations to those who lost their beautiful models, espec the Goshawk and the Starfighter.

Yes I agree that Ian's model and flying were superb...I did not mean to sound like I was criticising - merely observing that "Top Gun" does not conjure up such an image! - Blame Tom Cruise and his croneys

I should have also mentioned that I too enjoyed and appreciated the evening 2.4G flightline - thanks Alan, I shall treasure my prize for being the first ever such pilot with my Alfa Sabre being the very first model to take to the air

( Hastened on by Alan's desire to "get something in the air so people know where we are"  prompting )

• 4 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is still reading about the Nats, Two questions, has anyone got a map of the trade stands so that I can pinpoint the trader I am after? (I want to buy something, a helicopter kit in bits, all lovely nuts bolts and things to drop on the workshop floor)  Although I can find this trader from a map,  The one selling oudles of balsa kits, many of them in various sizes might take a bit more tracking down. Unless the young man that I was talking to about the kits and their associated forum web-site is reading this!   The second qestion, who organised the fantastic weather!!! two years in a row on bank holiday!!  Fantastic.

Many thanks to the organisers for a great day out.

John M

My son and I went to the Nats for the first time and I have to say that it was the best day out for many a year. We attended on the sunday and caught the last of the swap meet, we had such a good time being able to travel the site looking at the flying.

I am just coming into the sport  so spent ages touring the trade stands getting ideas and buying some of the things needed to start flying. It was a joy to see that the show only contained stands to do with the sport and not  food stalls.

I enjoyed going to the LMA at Cosford but the Nats beat this by a long way...... roll on 09'

Thanks to all involved.

Jeff