Freebie !

Found in one of my many boxes,a packet of Graupner Synthetic Silk. 2metres by 90 cm.with English Instruction sheet. This is old,over 30 years I should say. Very fine,only weighs 30 grams a square metre. So would anyone out there like it ? No cost,just tell me what you will use it on,and I will post it to you. Too good to leave in my Cellar !

Advert

Hi Shaun, I've been using tissue over doculam for a few vintage models but the very old clear dope I have is discoloured probably due to age or liitle rust inside the tin. This causes a brown tinge especially on white tissue areas.
I'd like to buy some fresh but am having trouble finding a source, can you tell me where you get yours from please.

Cheers,
Pat.

Here you go Pat

http://inwoodmodels.com/epages/9f291c61-8fb5-420d-b8d5-43eb2920dd9f.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/9f291c61-8fb5-420d-b8d5-43eb2920dd9f/Products/NSD500

Inwood also sell sanding sealer and shrinking dope as well.

I also found this the other day, not tried it but it looks fine from the description.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AC22F1S/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_4_w

Shaun

Edited By 2.4g Shaun on 25/06/2018 10:45:02

Thanks for that, Shaun. It's the shrinking dope I'm after thumbs up

I've also use Wilco's matt WPB varnish, which is much cheaper with no unpleasant smell, but you have to rely on the initial water shrinkage of the tissue to get a taut wrinkle free finish.

Pat.