A Tigers Tale

This is probably familiar to most of you, but I thought it might amuse !

I love this "cyclical" hobby : BUILD - FLY - CRASH - REBUILD etc2018-01-18 .jpg2018-02-03.jpg

Take a (very) used TT Trainer and ready it for flight, then accidentally trash the tail in the workshop. Fix it2018-02-08.jpg

Take to field and fly, finding nose u/c unuseable so fit tail skid and relocate main wheels. Fix it2018-02-21 2.jpg

Find main u/c too soft so (as a collector of used bits) eventually find a third one which is good. Fix it

Find a low flying hedge and then when repairing discover old badly repaired damage, hence a major fuselage rebuild. Fix it2018-05-03.jpg

Several days of flying well (the plane that is, I'm still learning) then a moment of senility whilst low and slow2018-06-28.jpg

OK it'll fix, I thought, however (again with older damage) one wing will not go again2018-06-29.jpg

Thankfully I have another one to fly, but anyone got a spare T T Trainer wing for sale (please ?)

DC

Advert

Yes, the cycle is familiar, but it's part of the fun, isn't it? smiley

You can build a new wing in a weekend probably. It's a flat bottom profile, and the constructions is quite standard. Also, you may add dual ailerons this time yes

Good luck with the refurbishment!

Thanks AVC, I can/will do this if required, and I like the "dual" idea.

It's just that I have so much else in build/rebuild it would be good to find a spare T T wing.

My current other major project is a scratch build of "A very vintage vintage" - see the thread here, details courtesy of P Willbournimg_5489.jpg

Edited By Dave Cunnington on 03/07/2018 12:41:29