Avicraft Panic - Plans & CofG?

Andy C

I picked up a panic cheap from one of my clubs last year and have a chance this weekend to hopefully get it in the air. I don't know anything of its history, or which version it is other than it has foam wings and so I guess an earlier model. Engine is an Irvine 46.

Does anyone have an electronic version of the plans for these, and / or details of where the Centre of Gravity should be please

Thanks

Hi Andy

That looks like a nice plane you have there. It should fly well with the 46 up front although others have severely over engined these planes in the past. A 90 would you believe?

You are right about the foam wing. That was produced some years back although I believe that spares are still available.

I am away from my desk at the moment but I should be able to find out the CG for you tomorrow.

I don't think there are any offical plans out there as the Panic was only produced with written instructions using small diagrams to illustrate points in the build. In truth they were so easy to put together that plans were not really necessary!

Percy. They still make the venerable old beast, but in a more user friendly format these days. The wings for instance are now balsa framed and use notched spars and a pierced traiing edge so that the whole wing can clipped together and then glued with SuperPhatic or the instant penetrating glue of your choice. It is possible to build a wing panel in about 15 minutes using cyano.

Pete

Edited By Broken Prop on 12/07/2018 18:57:28