Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer CC Mk 2

Hi to all the experts, I have been looking at this plan on Sarik and wondering if anyone else has built it. At 120 inch span not sure if it would fit in the car as the biggest I put in at present is 90 inch and the description does not say if the wings split, the picture looks like a one piece wing. Happy building.

Advert

Collisace, I find it hard to believe that such a large model will have a one piece wing but I could be wrong. If you are up to building this twin electric monster then making the outer portions of the wings detachable (outboard of the nacelles for example) should be easy-peasy for you. SLEC make these tubular wing joining tubes in various sizes which are ideal for detachable wings.

Having had a look at this model on the Sarik site, if you look at the side elevation of the Twin Pioneer in flight and enlarge the image, you can see what look like screws just outboard of the engine nacelles. Three piece wing. Fuselage looks like a doddle, just a lot of it!

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 11/08/2018 15:39:00

We had them in Aden. Amazing performance. I even went on air test in one.

Not my favourite aircraft by a long way but that was because I had to work on them doing major modifications. The darned things were not jig built and the frames in the nacelles varied by up to 2" so the mod kits didn't fit. I could go on.

The strut will help with detachable outer wing panels

Edited By Peter Miller on 12/08/2018 08:33:07