Dual Ailerons

Neil67

Trying to set up a wot 4 with dual ailerons on a spectrum DX6 radio with 6 channel receiver. How do I set up ailerons so they work independently, if I use a y lead they obviously both go in the same way and there appears to be no way to reverse one servo. I am sure this can't be difficult but still new to dual ailerons. I have power in bind socket, rudder, throttle and elevator as normal and a battery checker in gear. Left with aux 1 and one aileron socket.

Aileron channel is left servo, aux 1 is right servo (I think), set wing mix to dual aileron.

Install servos as a mirror image, everything will be right as rain then.

Either servos upright, with both horns going towards the tip, at neutral.

Or laying flat, with both output horns outwards, and with the horns both at front, or both at back.

Check on how your servo reversing is set up - I cannot recall if you have to reverse both channels at the same time, or if you just reverse the aileron channel.

I've set up a few on the DX6 and don't recall any specific oddities about it.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people stick doggedly with y-leads despite almost every Tx now being able to handle dual aileron servos. Obviously it’s still important to set up the linkage geometry correctly, but the advantages of being able to tweak the centres, diff and throws independently (not to mention flapperons, snap flap and spoilerons where appropriate) are huge. Spend the time to learn how to set them up, it’s well worth doing and removes additional physical failure points too (I’ve seen many nasty, cheap y-leads and extensions cause crashes over the years).

Edited By MattyB on 13/08/2018 19:59:20