3DLabPrint Bed Size

Robert Armstrong 2

The model shown on the 3dLabPrint web site seem quite interesting, but the information quoted includes a bed size larger than the bed size of my printer. I have emailed 3DLabPrint to ask whether the quoted size is the requirement for the largest individual part or whether its for a collection of parts. So far they have not replied (about a week).

I have a Flashforge with a bed size 230X150X150. They seem to have developed everything for the Prusa I3, which has a bed size closer to square. Height is OK on mine.

Anyone know anything about the part sizes for any of the planes?

Advert

Downloaded the test piece for the 109 from Thingiverse. I use Simplify3d so the Youtube video guide has the settings, though for an earlier version of S3D, which now has some extra settings available. Interesting to see how long it takes.

One almost gotcha; Their version of S3D has speeds in mm/sec. Mine defaults to mm/min.

Test piece came out bang on the target weight using their recommended S3D settings. Seemed reasonably robust and printed without any problems despite their warning that they dont recommend printing parts separately.

I can't fit their S3D factory files onto the print bed of my machine so I am loading individual stls. The first attempt at printing two wing parts together failed with a weak layer in one of the parts only. Thought that I might have bumped the printer so started the print again, Same result, so must be an artefact in the sliced file. That used up the tag end of a roll of PLA so waiting for some more. Will try printing the ailerons rudder etc in yellow, but dont fancy that for the whole airframe.