Binding AR8010T Rx to DX8 Tx

David Rivers

I'm having trouble binding a new AR8010T receiver to my DX8 transmitter. Its the original DX8, not the 2nd Gen one.

The bind process starts ok but the orange light on the Rx goes from fast blink to slow blink and the bind does not complete. The slow blink stops when you turn off the Tx, so it must be seeing something from the Tx.

Any thoughts? I have tried it using the bind button on the Rx and also using the bind plug with same results. Also tried plenty of separation between Tx and Rx.

Advert

In order for a DSM system to connect, the receiver must receive a large
number of uninterrupted signal packets from the transmitter. This process
takes just a few seconds, but if the transmitter is too close to the receiver
(within 4 feet) or near reflective material (metal objects, carbon fiber
material, etc.) it may detect its own reflected 2.4GHz energy as “noise”.
This can delay or prevent connection. If this happens, make sure you are
a sufficient distance from metal objects and the receiver itself before you
power up and try again.

I have a memory that a slow flash is something to do with telling you the receiver has had, or thought it has had a power supply issue. Have you tried switching everything off, and powering back up, and seeing if the flash goes away.. Also you say the bind has not completed. Have you got some servos connected to check if it is working with the transmitter.

I get the fast flash when I power on the Rx, then switch on thr Tx in bind mode, it says it’s binding 22ms. Rx then goes to slow flash and stays like that. Does not go to solid orange.

I am now wondering if I need to update the software on my Tx. It had not been done for quite a long time and the AR8010T is a new Rx on the market, I believe.

I have checked Tx firmware and it is up to date, so this can’t be the problem. Have tried to bind loads more times but with no success. The transmitter does say “binding” but Rx light does not go solid. It just goes from fast blink to slow flash. Suppose I need to go back to the supplier or to Spektrum customer support.

Hello Steve just to report that I have finally got the AR8010T to bind! I was just on the point of despair, when I thought I would try a different satellite Rx with it. I took one out another model and plugged it in to replace the one that came with the new Rx - it binds straight away no problem and telemetry all working ok . Have since tried the original Sat Rx again but does not work. I did try to bind just the main Rx with no sat plugged in and that did not work either. I will try the original sat in the other model to see what happens there.

Seems like the problem is with the satellite Rx. I have tried it with another receiver and it does not bind. In this situation the main Rx binds ok but the satellite does not. When I try the satellite with the new AR 8010T it prevents the main Rx from binding. If I try to bind just the AR8010T on its own with no satellite it does not bind. I do not understand this, I thought satellites were optional to give greater signal reliability?

Ok thanks, that clears that one up. So it is just a faulty sat Rx. The thing I noticed with it was that the orange led was quite dim during the (failed) bind process. A good one has quite a bright LED both when it’s flashing and when solid. The supplier has sent me a pre paid mailing ticket to return the Rx so should get a new one back. Thanks.