Hi From Bristol!

Jason Jones

Hi all, after a 10 year break away from RC planes i'm finally getting back into the hobby!

I've recently built a Ultrafly Outrage 3d kit that I've had laying around for years! Had its maiden flight last Sunday in a local park which was a success!

Need to join a club in the Bristol area now, i can feel myself getting bitten by the bug!

Also have a Zagi slope soarer kit to build soon and will probably be heading out to Maes Knoll in the near future with it.

Currently experiencing an issue with my Futaba 6EXA transmitter see here if anyone can lend some advice.

Thanks,

Jason

Advert

I have had to dispense with my 12 year old Futaba 6EXA transmitter as only part of the computerised programming menu became available and at least 50% was missing. I gathered that it was better to update my radio with 2.4 ghz gear but I have still retained some 35 mhz equipment.

My twin brother played rugby for Bristol 48 years ago !

Woodspring might be worth a look (nr Gordano). They do fabulous display days as well.

If you're thinking of going EDF / turbines in the future then they have that covered too.

Last I heard Beaufort have a waiting list (at least for their Badminton site)...

Regarding your Tx, I'm currently building up some RC test equipment - mainly for Futaba 35 MHz kit, so if the problem persists, I may be able to help. Got the builders in next week laying a new workshop floor etc. so, not for a while yet though.

As a first step, you could do a continuity /resistance check between the battery connector and the main RF board. If the Tx has been stored for quite some time with the battery in and connected, there is the possibility of some 'black-wire' corrosion. NiMh's don't normally suffer with memory problems but they do lose storage efficiency after a certain age.

Dave