HK SK3 Aerodrive 4250 500kv

I have a balsa/ply 'AcroWot' (Mk2?) fitted with a Hobby King SK3 Aerodrive 4250 500kv brushless motor. After a while 'resting' in my hangar, I'm dusting it down during the hols, in readiness for resuming flights with it.

As is often the case, the HK web page for this motor is scant on best prop. (I had previously flown this model on 5S and a cautious 14x6). Having reconfigured the flight battery access to a 'top hatch', I can now easily fit a 6S LiPo.

So anyone out there using this motor? If so, with what Cell Number & Prop Combinations or could you run data thru a e-calc programme to suggest best props. I reckon on using 5 and 6 cell LiPo packs. I have a 100A ESC fitted so plenty of headroom to cope with current draw and some in reserve.

Thanks for any practical suggestions AND Compliments of the season to all.

Advert

HK posted spec for this motor is maxed at 57 amps. Use a watt meter to check your amp draw with a selection of props and batteries up to 5s until you find a comfortable arrangement. Minor short term exceedences from a fully charged battery probably won't hurt . Note that the voltage spec quotes 19 volts max

Interesting as it also states 1350W, at 57A max that comes to 23v or 6S so there's some confusion there:

Specs.
Turns: 10T
Voltage: 4~5S Lipoly
RPM/V: 500KV
Internal resistance: 0.018 Ohm
Max Loading: 57A
Max Power: 1350W
Shaft Dia: 5.0mm
Bolt holes: 25mm
Bolt thread: M3
Weight: 269g
Motor Plug: 3.5mm Bullet Connector