Trying again......

Andy Hall

June 1992 and I bought a copy of Radio Modeller.
In it was a set of plans for a little plan called Gigolo.
I built it, filled the tank, struggled to get the little Cox engine to go, so put it down for the day. Next day I found out that I hadn't done a very good job on the fuel tank as it was empty and the fuselage was soggy.
I built two more planes from RM plans - The Tequila Sunrise and Aztec Two Step. They never got completely finished as University came around in the October.
Fast forward to November 2018 and I came across the Gigalo plans again and so, with the help of my 12 year old son, have started building a new one. I think this time I will try and turn it electric... at least it might then get to fly !!
Not sure if I can post pictures but if I can I will.

Advert

Welcome Andy and better luck second time round.

First thing though is to join a Club to get help in getting going. It is almost always the case that flight time is measured in seconds if you try and teach yourself to fly although with some modern computer wizardry this is now just about possible. However, you will miss out on all the education that being with experienced modellers will rub off onto you as a by product of joining a Club.

The answer is yes you can post pictures on this forum and there is a section which tells you how to do so.