swopping switches

David Holland 2

Good evening, oh thou fonts of all knowledge.

I have just bought a Lemon Rx Stabiliser Plus receiver to put in a Cub which can carry a Mobius video camera on various mountings, the plan being that the stabiliser will damp some of the turbulence induced (or should that be, pilot induced?) wobbles that make some of the footage a bit nausea threatening. It has 3 modes, off, gyro and wing leveller and is hard wired to use channel 5 (gear) for mode selection and channel 8 (aux 3) for master gain. I use an old and trusty DX8 (first generation) tx which has a two position gear switch (why would you need three positions for retracts?) and it is not possible to reassign another (three position switch) to channel 5. I have managed to work out a mix between aux 2 (three position switch) and gear which gives me +100%, 0%, -100% which will control the three modes of the stabiliser, however, I at last get to my question. Is it possible to physically rewire the aux 2 switch to channel 5? It is the third wire from the aux 2 switch that worries me, where would that go to give the centre position on channel 5. I haven't taken the back off the tx yet in case you tell me it is not possible to swop the switches. I am fairly competent with a soldering iron but a total nightmare with electronics , so if it is straightforward wire connecting, I'm the man but if it is more involved than that I'll stick with my somewhat inelegant mix.

Thanks for your anticipated help,

David

Edited By David Holland 2 on 09/01/2019 21:46:06

Advert

Good question, Dennis. I've been building/flying model aeroplanes for about 60 years and am probably as good as I'm ever going to get, and that's not saying a lot!! Almost competent, perhaps? The main problem is my incipient OCD which means having a function available but that does not work as intended offends every fibre of my being.

David