Motor for Krick Klemm 1/7th scale

Stearman65

I have this kit in my stash as next in line. The only information I can get from Krick is the motor they use is "MAX Aero A356". I have Googled this & can only see it listed on the Krick site, but it is out of stock. Does anyone recognise the model, if I could get this motor it may save having to modify the mounting with a different manufacturer.

**LINK**

Advert

My Krick Klemm flew very nicely with the power train that was in it when I bought it at a swapmeet from a clubmate. That setup was a Hi_Motor 2814 6 turn, pulling 36 amps on an 11x5" prop on 3s1p 2200mah Lipo for 420W in. The model's just like a big glider really with a massive wing area for the weight, 14oz/sq ft wing loading!

Posted by leccyflyer on 21/01/2019 19:36:32:

My Krick Klemm flew very nicely with the power train that was in it when I bought it at a swapmeet from a clubmate. That setup was a Hi_Motor 2814 6 turn, pulling 36 amps on an 11x5" prop on 3s1p 2200mah Lipo for 420W in. The model's just like a big glider really with a massive wing area for the weight, 14oz/sq ft wing loading!

Hi Leccyflyer

I assume you are talking about the AXI 2814 16? That's what came up when I Googled the number, if it is the AXI spec says models up to 1.6KG? Krick give a weight of 2KG & I build heavy. Do you know who supplies the Hi_Motor?

I suspect the motor would have been from Giantcod or possibly Hobbyking. As Geoff says other equivalent motors are available, The model only needs modest power. Mine weighed 3lb 13oz, (1.7kg) with a couple of oz of lead in the nose and that's more than 100w/lb with a very light wing loading.

Had a good look around at the suggestions & back to the email Krick sent. The spec' of the motor they suggest is

Technical Specifications
Type MAX Aero 3548-06
Voltage range 11.1 - 18.5 V
Speed/Volt 800 rpm
Total length 66 mm
Housing dimensions 35x48 mm
Shaft diameter 5 mm
Free-standing motor shaft 16.5 mm
Mounting holes M3 thread
Mounting holes Bore spacing 25 + 19 mm
Connection 3x mm gold contact plug
Matching propeller 12x6 inch / 13x8 inch

with a 3S lipo. It is much more expensive than the current suggestions, & being a little green on electrical matters, (by 11 years) I don't want to have buy the wrong thing. So I've gone with the Krick selection which is now in stock & ordered one, (needed to do it before March 29th wink anyway). I'd rather have more power than needed than not enough.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions.yes