Futaba Orange fasst rx aerial installation

alex nicol

Gents,

This might be a bit of a daft question. Having recently converted from 35mhz to 2.4 I was wondering what the correct Rx aerial routing is. I've purchased an orange 8 channel fasst Rx. I understand the aerials need to be at right angles to each other. My question is, does this have to be the full length at 90degrees or can the aerials run parallel and just the bared wire sections at the end be at 90degrees.

Also when range testing what is considered a decent acceptable range?

No problems with, bind, mode or failsafe all appears ok

Thanks in advance

Alex

Advert

Firstly do not bend the antenna where the thick grey part meets the thin silver part (NOT bared wire - very thin insulation) as this will damage the aerial.

I usually mount cut -off bendy straws in the fuselage so that they are at 90degs to each other then feed the whole of the aerials into them - good protection for the aerials.

I range check at 30 paces using the reduced power range-check facility on the TX.

Gents,

Thanks for your responses. The orange Rx has 2 aerials approx 6'' long with the last 11/2'' insulated transparently. I was going to put the aerials inside a couple of off cuts of control snakes, but I like the bendy straw idea and think I might just go with that instead.

Thanks Again

Alex

The other thing to do if you can, is to get some space between the two aerials. That way, they're far less likely to both be in the"shadow" of something large and metal (engine, battery), at the same time.

I really don't like the aerial mounts that you can buy, that hold aerials at 90deg to each other but both right next to each other.