RADIOLINK

Mosquitoman

I had read with great interest RCM&E December2018 test of the Radiolink AT10.

I noticed also that there were 2 other versions the T8FB and AT9S.

In the article it was saying what a great price they are, particularly that the R9DS receiver is “only” £21.99, which is a real “competitive price” – inferring it would get people running.

Well I have been using a HiTec Aurora 9 for 4 years and it had a problem and I lost all my model memories in the repair. At this time I read the RCM&E Dec2018 radio test, and fancied a change. I have gone for the mid-range AT9S which comes with a R9DS receiver, and am very pleased with my purchase. It will do all I want, 9 channels seem 4 too many for my pretty large air fleet.

But not from the suggested J.Perkins distribution chain at £139.99 (for AT9S Tx together with R9DS Rx).

I bought mine from Banggood, which have a massive range of products, based in China (the source of the radio). They have supplied me with masses of diverse stuff previously, not just connected to RC flight. Digital watch, Camera, Mobile Phone, to mention just a few

They now have a UK warehouse, and it didn’t seem to matter that these appeared to be shown as coming from China, there was zero postage to pay. My payment was made on 11 Feb - the package arrived on 15 Feb, just 4 days with Hermes! despatched from Heathrow, and cost me exactly £92.62 for the Tx and Rx, plus £2 for insurance. There were no duties to pay, and remember no postage either.

The best is yet to come. I have today (24 Feb) placed a second order for the R9DS receiver, not at the aforementioned competitive price of £21.99, but £12.50, well it seems to be even less, £12.31 on my invoice.

Now THAT is what I call a competitive price! I have paid for 5, total £61.55, Insurance £1.23, Postage £1.01 (didn’t reach their free postage value obviously, as before). So £63.79 for FIVE receivers.

This ought to be the way for all readers to save money.

Edited By Mosquitoman on 25/02/2019 09:30:11

Advert

On Friday, my local model shop charged me a touch over £15 for an OS F glowplug and a 1oz bottle of Zap cyano - factor in a couple of quid for petrol and I suppose the deal was 20% more than what I would usually pay from my web based suppliers. Happy to pay the extra this time as I needed the plug for the weekend, but I don't make a habit of it as I rarely find myself short of anything critical, because of the stocks of odds and ends that I've built up over the years. Can't see how they can continue for much longer TBH.

"the op is new" - how about been an aero modeller since 1959?

How about my case where the best modelshop is 95 miles each way, in Leeds. I drive an electric car with a range of around 80 which is fine for round town, but means a major planning exercise with constant diversions and stopping all over the place to find a charger because they are not situated exactly 80 miles from my home, maybe 35 then the next is 65, and then you get to one and it is busy, or worse out of action. So I buy to suit MYSELF not interested in the model shops.

Edited By Mosquitoman on 25/02/2019 12:55:39

Posted by Ikura on 25/02/2019 11:34:43:

I think the issue here is 'buying cheap' and let's face it, a large percentage of this country now buys the cheapest of everything they can find. Thankfully there are still those of us who use UK based companies, whether buying on-line or in person. I find it incredibly sad that so much is now bought from China on price when we have great model retailers here in this country and unless we use them we will definitely loose them.

No one would argue that buying on-line is very convenient but it's where we buy from that should be the major concern.

Just see how you cope when YOU are pensioner. I have to buy to suit my income, not to keep some shopkeeper alive.

Just remember most of the stuff we buy in our local model shop is that 'cheap Chinese stuff' with most of it being good stuff. I just choose to make my limited funds go further by cutting out the importer+ model shop markup to get it to me.

Now if funds weren't so limited or i was passionate about it enough I could purchase Chinese stuff from my uk based local outlet and distribute my fortune to others.

having said that and you look, there are local shops importing themselves and so are quite competitive in this global /corporate world we are living in.

The choice is each individuals remit to make, without getting to fussed about other peoples , 'we are free'(supposedly)sarcastic 2

Edited By flight1 on 25/02/2019 14:50:21