Bang good P51

DIGGER

Has anyone else seen this kit , balsa/ply P51, it's 1000mm ( 39.5 inch ) ws. You don't get a plan which is a bit daunting, you ask bang good to send the building pics, these are a series of pics of the build with the parts numbered on them. It looks a nice kit . And is about £50

Chris

Beware buying one of these, I bought the Fiesler Storch from them, which like the P51 is made by Dancing Wings Hobby. I downloaded the build info before deciding to buy it, but the pictures of the finished model hooked me in. The kit arrived in the original DWH box, no additional protection, obviously been opened by customs. The box was in a right state, (see the pictures on my FS blog) The wood is the usual laser cut ply & hundreds of tiny screws & hardware. I will probably build it for something to do, whether it flies is another matter.

My mate has one of their Fokker E111 kits. The fittings are pretty good. The wood is fit for purpose. The design looks efficient. It came from HobbyKing, so it was delivered with efficient packing.

But no control throws, no plan. In fairness I contacted the company, and corresponded with a helpful individual, who supplied answers, but not necessarily correct answers.

Not flown yet, but I reckon it will be fine when trimmed properly. But without incidence angles or throw recommendations, it has to survive long enough to get trimmed.

i would say, most of the stuff coming from this company is not for someone who is not totally happy with the construction and sorting of a model of that type.

Thanks for the replys. I have got it, and yes the box was knocked about but the wood and parts are OK. I decided to do it and so far I've enjoyed doing it, only done the fuselage so far. It's a challenge to do it by pictures alone with no plan or instructions but I wanted something to get the little grey cells going. It's going together fairly well but as I said you have to think about it, and do dry runs before you glue. The pics downloaded on the main computer ok and I just print off the ones I want. If I can get some pics on here I'll do it. Like I said it makes a change from ARTF and following a plan and instructions . Give it a go, what you got to lose for £50.

Chris