GWS C130 OR C160

DIGGER

My son had one years ago that flew ok with the old brushed setup.

For brushless, you would need 4 ordinary escs. Quad escs tend to be part and parcel of the flight controller I think, but I don't know much about them, I'm sure somebody who does will chip in soon with a simple and cheap solution.

Advert

The problem is that you can't find the originals and when the do come up they are very expensive, the ones I got where supposed to be the same but didn't turn out the same, no power, hence brushless, just hoping to cut down on weight with the esc need 15a ones for the motor.

Chris

I have had mine for just over 2 weeks now and decided i wanted to turn mine in to C130, i had the original from GWS in 2006, when i saw  banggood had the c160 i had to get it, i have ordered the Racerstar 1306 4000kv 2s motors cw and ccw, 4 inch quad props and plan on ordering the 4 in 1 quadcopter esc and soldering the signal wires together for throttle it weighs 25g

I have designed the nacelles in autocad and 3d printed them to suit my motor choice. each one is printed in 2 parts, to be gluded together, the leading edge has holes for the mounting screws to be accessed.

Each one complete with motor weighs 30g, for maintinace i am not going to glue the nacelles on, each one has a mounting screw at the rear and is 'hooked' on the wing to keep it in place, i printed them in light grey but ran out of filament, the only colour i had left was black.

1.jpg

6.jpg

They are not fixed in place here, simply for the photo

img_3699.jpg

Edited By Brett Jones on 10/03/2020 09:52:56

Edited By Brett Jones on 10/03/2020 09:53:12

Edited By Brett Jones on 10/03/2020 09:54:03

Very nice, be interested to see how it works out😊 the one on Utube with the 3000kv was fast , wonder what yours will be like. Just found out that the SIMON 12A esc will fit inside my nacelles, so decided to try that route. Like your idea as well.

Chris

The update on this is the motors I ordered, it turns out he only had 3 off, but he has got 4x motors that are similar in size, weight and power to the EFlite park 180, these are rated at 2900kv so they could be beter. I will keep you posted on this when they arrive here in Cyprus and I can start work. Brett do you know what scheme you are doing yours in? I've going with the US Coast Guard , and I have ordered a set from Callie graphics. .

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Motors have arrived I have found that the esc will fit inside the nacelles. Can someone give me a wiring diagram for 4 brushless motors. Still wondering if I shall have enough power. Each motor is rated at 2900kv, 55 watts with 4inch props. Someone out there might have the knowledge.

Chris