GWS C130 OR C160

DIGGER

Has anyone seen the BANGGOOD C160 transall ? It's actually a 2 engine GWS C130 or cargotrans as they called it, same kit but with 2 motors missing, same size etc although they have done the engine nacelles in plastic I think the GWS was foam, I stand to be corrected on this as I didn't have one. I would like to do this kit and have it as a C130 ,can anyone advise me on getting the other 2 motor nacelles. Do I mould new ones from foam, or by a slim chance has anyone got 2. Also can anyone tell me what the measurements would be for mounting the 4 nacelles on the wing. At the moment banggood have it at a very cheap price. Any help appreciated.

Chris

Advert

I have the GWS C130, has lights and collision on board. I do have a C160 Transall, a CMPro kit on 2 x25 glow engines.

I think the GWS C130 came with two packs, you could use the 4 nacelles to make a C130, or a pack of a larger 2 to make the C160. The motors that came with the kit were for the C130, and the C160 would need to purchase larger units instead.

This is just the GWS C160 Cargotrans that Banggood are selling. It came with two nacelles and 2 motors (250 sized IRC). The C130 Cargotrans came with all 4 nacelles and 4 140 sized motors.

The nacelles are foam and the cowls are very thin plastic (slightly poor as the motors mount to the cowls. There is no difference between the Banggood version and the GWS original in this respect.

It would be dead easy to make two more nacelles using foam or even balsa. I think your biggest problem may be finding the small motors and props.

Here is mine of many years ago, long since sold:

herky.jpg

Posted by Paul Marsh on 14/04/2019 13:13:02:

Wonder if I still got the nacelles? Don't hold your breath, but will keep it in my mind, in case I stumble upon them.

That would be fantastic if you have. Can you give me the measurements for the placing of the nacelles, say from the centre of the wing if you don't mind. Thanks also to you Alan, love seeing the pics. I was wondering about going the old brushed motors , Hobbyking have some, one esc , lipo battery, just the props to look into. PAUL what size are they. I think you said you still have yours.

Chris

Gordon have sent PM. Paul no doubt you have read the above thread from Gordon. Can you help with other info as you still have yours please. Would like to find a copy of the GWS cargotrans manual, need also any info on esc and motor that are available now? Any help please. from anyone

Chris

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My sincere apologies for not updating this thread, especially when you have all been so helpful and sending me the spare nacelles, but everything had to be put on hold due to health and other comitments. But I will be doing it soon and will be posting it here. WATCH THIS SPACE. as they say.

• 1 month later...

OK so I have finally started to make this model, first I done the usual thing putting the control rods into the fuselage and glueing it together, then cutting the control surfaces and putting the hinges in, I have decided to use pin hinges on all surfaces. I have also relocated the wing servos forward of the spar, it was originally behind the spar and stuck out. I have located another Cargotrans in a bad way , but it has given me the two extra plastic nacelles and spare parts. I will put more pics on here as I go. The one problem I have got is props the only ones I can find are for quods 4x4 but they all have 5mm hole in the hub and the adapter is 2.5 or 3mm and I can't find insert adapters or spinners. Any idears on this please, the GWS ones are direct drive and cant be driled out.

• 2 months later...

Well after a bad test flite with the brushed motors, she managed to struggle 2ft in the air before stalling, luckily no damage, and this is with more uprated motors. After seeing 3 videos on Utube of this model going very well on 4x brushless umx motors 2500kv - 3000kv I've decided to do the same. I have the 4 motors on order from Micron Models, 4x 2500kv . Now the problem how can I conect to the esc , do I need 4? Is there an esc that I could use to run 4 motors like in a quad? I DON'T KNOW HOW , Can someone help please.

Chris