Taranis 9 channel

Gary Murphy 1

I know nothing about opentx for starters.

I previously owned a JR DSX9 and the Taranis looks the same case so it will be familiar .

I have a few spectrum RX`s still BUT will want to try other brands so have no real idea of the module I need for UK.

The Taranis when looking at vids now comes in several versions,if I was to buy second hand is there anything I should watch out for regards software ,are any outdated by now and not upgradeable?

many thanks

Advert

The software is easy to up (or down) grade.

All parts are easy to replace - gimbals, switches etc.

After coming from JR, you'll find it initially confusing but once you've worked out the basics, it's very powerful. I'm not sure I remember a lot but I know how to duplicate, and then edit, models and that about all I need to know most of thr time. There are lots of youtube vids on setting it up.

I wouldn't change from FrSky now.

I had a DSX9 and liked that case style.not into the newer style or smaller sized cases.

The only thing I was unsure about is the software on the radio .

I really fancy getting away from the "major" brands this time. I do have a couple of spectrum rx`s BUT might even try something else. I am wrong in thinking that there is a module that will do several brands of RX`s?

I also normally use JRDSX9 and now have so many JR/Spektrum/Orange Rx`s to go with it that a total change would be very expensive. I also have a 9X2 modular Tx. (plus a few others such as TGY 6 and 10 ch. sets).

Quite a few years ago I bought an X9D plus 2x X8 and 2x D8 Rx`s. Also have a FrSky Tx module which came with two more D8`s. In order to get the X9D to work with all of my Rx`s the local Taranis guru put it on global s/w (at least I think that was the reason). Trouble is that it gets used so rarely that I need to go and see him every time that I want to do something different. I am totally useless with this type of programming. First attempt saw the trims working in the wrong direction. Interesting maiden.

May decide to keep the module and Rx`s and sell the rest. The only thing is that many of my scale models require at least 9 channels.