Bec for twin EDF?

Den Moran

Hi, everybody!

I have a Dynam Me 262 - the type has had problems with the ESCs overheating - there is a good vid on youtube showing one catching fire in the air (luckily only minimal damage) !

I'm looking at emplacing a BEC system, to offset the overheating problem, and need a wiring diagram for a TWIN setup. I know about ducting air over the esc's etc., but, really, I'm just asking about BECs for twin setup. Thank you, Den, Abertawe.

Advert

Connect main lipo to BEC, in parallel with the ESCs.

Connect BEC to RX

Ensure red wire from ESC (both of them) is not connected to the RX (usually the pin can be carefully removed from the plug)

Does that still need a wiring diagram?

'Does that still need a wiring diagram?' - I'm afraid it does, Nigel, because I want the power supply to the servos to be independent of the main Lipo, otherwise there is little point in using a BEC, other than in large capacity situations.

if only you'd said...

Connect second battery to BEC.

Connect BEC to RX

Ensure red wire from ESC (both of them) is not connected to the RX (usually the pin can be carefully removed from the plug)

Edited By Nigel R on 16/05/2019 13:21:56

Thanks , Nigel, and sorry for the confusion! John, that's absolutely nailed it for me, just what I was after, I'm afraid I'm a little challenged with electronics side of our hobby!

Happy flying! A great response as ever, thanks again, Den, Swansea