Super simple ESC

iawnski

hi all i need a little advise from the boffs on her ,well as you no im trying my hand at electric,got the plane, got the lipo , new lipo charger on tits way (thanks timbo )recomened.well speed controler is a super simple 40 amp,with no instructions ?how the hell do you programe it for a   2000 mah 7.4 lipo,anyone had one of these did you have instructions ?need your help people

Advert

I am not sure that the card will work the "super simple" ESC some Turnigy cards work so it may be fine. I can tell you that the ones I own do NOT auto detect the cell count however things may have moved on - mine are 6 months old!! I did here that they default to 3s pack, so if you plan on using a 2s ( which I think you do ) then it WILL need adjusting or else you will find it cutting power to the motor at far too high a voltage. Ideally you need the LVC to activate at around 5.5V on a 2s pack under load. However, as i say yours may be different and auto detect - just leaving the option to programme it for either LiPo detection on or off, and brake settings. Normally you would set brake to OFF unless you are using a folding prop and wish it to fold rather than feather in flight when you chop the throttle.

Anyway, I have the PDF document of the manual here so will forward a copy on to iawnsk.

Alternatively kev take a look at this here as it might the same as yours.

PS sorry, but, despite the name, I can guarantee that things with electric flight are never simple